3D Prints

MrCetrizine

That's a great idea , whats the cost of the printer - the one you use / own ? Cheers 

Mine is a flashforge finder which was about £400 when I bought it two years ago but is down to £300 now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FLASHFORGE-3D-PRINTER-FINDER/dp/B07J6NQC1G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1549391598&sr=8-4&keywords=flashforge+finder

I'm planning to get an Anycubic Mega-S though so I can print with glass reinforced nylon among other plastic types.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ANYCUBIC-Printer-Printing-UltraBase-Filament/dp/B07JN7HFYS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1549392531&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=anycubic+mega-s&psc=1

6 minutes ago, MrCetirizine said:

I did actually make one of those based on an aluminium one a friend had. I put it on thingiverse for people to download but was contacted by a guy who apparently invented them. He asked me to take the design down and I didn't want to get sued, so I did.

That'll be Bob Hahin I guess?

I design and print loads of stuff on my cheap little printer, here's just a few:

Shooting specs:

w8mTXUfl.jpg?1

Fore sight elements:

2l5Bhxpl.jpg

Magnetic rack for cabinet or side of vehicle:

86nxRjpl.jpg

Inserts for cap & ball box:

mtuzOsWl.jpg

.45-70 Loading tray:

dNlWQxEl.jpg

FWB 124 air rifle trigger:

zm9bmpfl.png

Primer catcher for Rock chucker press:

xxVDwGxl.jpg

Adapter to fit webcam to my spotting scope:

qUURP7Yl.jpg

1 hour ago, GT3_richy said:

What software do you use for designing?

I use a CAD program called 123d design by Autodesk. It was a free program but unfortunately no longer available.

Autodesk had three CAD software packages. Tinkercad, which is very basic, 123d, about half way house and Fusion 360.  Tinkercad and Fusion 360 are still available and free I think.

• 2 months later...

The technology is coming on in leaps and bounds Mr. C. and good to see it filtering down to us mere mortals at the bottom of the food chain. My cheap Chinese kit printer is putting out reasonable quality prints - These are BSA Superten air rifle single shot adapters in advanced PLA.

oaaK9RMl.jpg?1

4 minutes ago, MrCetirizine said:

Same as the metal ones only they don't cut your thumb or cause you to swear. They are a bit more flexible being plastic so they don't grip the cartridges quite as hard as the usual metal ones so I wouldn't want to go into battle with them but for range use, they are great.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are fantastic. I have a nice little line in custom powder funnels for those calibers that are a pain to reload with an off the shelf, fitsall funnel (got bored of carefully weighing kernels and watching them fall onto the worktop as I pull the funnel off). 

My night vision add on, all 3D printed. My case annealer uses printed parts and an arduino to give 0.25 second fine tuning to the dwell time. 

In the house I've fixed fans, loos, ladders, taps and other stuff all with printed parts.