Magazine for Borden Alpine?

Tikka 260

Just now, Tikka 260 said:

Scotch Egg, the OAL question will hopefully be resolved when Baldie receives the dummy rounds next week. When he has time to check, I’m sure the answer re feeding the rounds from a Curtis mag will be revealed. 

We at UKV ask the right questions. 

Keep me updated. 

I’m not a dealer. 

9 hours ago, Tikka 260 said:

Nice set up Lapua, close, but not quite what I am looking for.👍🏻🦌👍🏻

My main hunting rifle sits pretty flush and goes up and down into highseats just fine, 3 in the belly and one up the spout 😃

B3C93E75-FBEB-4E7A-8E48-A2B1ED41EA75.jpeg

• 2 years later...

What was the outcome of the mag system I keep Thinking of building a Borden timberline 30-06 to replace my sako 85 30-06 but I just don’t think you can beat a sako mag system I might look into it and see if it’s possible to draw some thing up on cad and make a mag system For these rem700 footprints because it seems like there is a market for it !!

Interesting that this topic might still have legs, keep me posted if you do come up with a viable solution for the Alpine and the Timberline, maybe you are the unknown genius that we spoke of 2 years ago!

BTW, Baldie tried the Curtis mag with the Alpine 260, and it really didn't feed very well at all in my rifle, so I dropped the idea and continue with the SH bottom metal.

I can't speak highly enough of the Borden Timberline action, it would make a great 30-06 build IMHO. 

ATB

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure there's a huge market for a decent mag for custom builds! I've got a lovely 6.5-284 built on a Bighorn action and the only thing I don't like is the big, clumsy, clattery AI mag. It feeds fine (thanks to a bit of fettling by Ronin) but it's just agricultural compared the rifle action. A decent magazine would make the world of difference.

• 1 month later...