• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/6/2019 at 11:53 PM, kaduflyer said:

im using 24.5 gr vit133 and 39sbk in 20tactical excellent results

Picked up my .20 practical a few days ago, resized all my cases again as the bolt wouldn't close,made up some rounds today with 32grn Vmax and 32grn sbks, *HBN coated*.  Managed to shoot 7 rounds running barrel in through the crony before the light went for a readout.

Went up in .5 of a grn from 24.5grns vn133  to 26.0grns vn133, which gave me 3946 fps to 4169 fps😃10 thou jump.

Im pretty sure this is going to be a  really accurate rifle,Without trying for a group it put 7 bullets into 3/4" which were all different loads 24.5 to 26.0grns of powder and two different bullets and blowing a strong wind.

well pleased and can't wait to try for "the load".   BUT one thing p###@#g me off, what kind of idiot stamps a .20 practical barrel with PRATICAL !!!😤😤

IMG_20190302_193333.jpg

Oi, this threads about pratical,get that tat ical off 😂.

Seriously though mate,that is one sexy looking rifle, almost as good looking as mine😆, I was in two minds about getting my barrel fluted and never really liked straight fluting but that looks bloody good on that chunky barrel,oh well, I still like my plain Jane.

I presume that stock came ready painted like that or did you have it done?? Looks good.

Stock came like that when I bought it it’s a Lawton action with an 18” pacnor barrel 1in 11 and Mcmillan stock built by Neil Mckillop am sure barrel is 11/4 inch diameter heavy lol 😂 next time going for light varminter barrel maybe 22 or 24”

Yeah it really does all look in proportion, nice.

I love the look of a heavy barell so I went for a 23" T1 sassen, prob similar to yours, chunky,stocks just black primer at the moment so needs a nice paint job!! and now it's together it's bloody heavy but I like it, will post pic one day☺.

Hi bob is the stock staying that colour ? It would be nice to have dave do one of his special one off paint jobs ? B)

25 minutes ago, gunner said:

Hi bob is the stock staying that colour ? It would be nice to have dave do one of his special one off paint jobs ? B)

Hi gunner, the stock is just black primer at the moment.

I did phone dave and ask if he would paint it (or cerakoting it, if I remember rightly) but he declined  because I said it had a few dinks in it which had gone through the top coat, not sure what the problem with that would be if it was prepped properly again ?? But im sure dave knows best!!

So i just put a little bit of car filler in the odd spot, flatted them off and sprayed it with black primer that was recommended by my local auto paint sellers,and sent it to Steve for the build, thinking when it comes back I'll paint it myself or find someone else to do it, any recommendations??.

Why not have a go at diy ? Any things possible ,  Theres soo many different paint jobs online to see . Or someone like hydrofraffix ? Id diy and use home made stencils etc . 

27 minutes ago, gunner said:

Why not have a go at diy ? Any things possible ,  Theres soo many different paint jobs online to see . Or someone like hydrofraffix ? Id diy and use home made stencils etc . 

Yep I've been having a dabble☺

IMG_20190310_221255.jpg

IMG_20190310_221051.jpg

Sweet that will look nice , will u lacquer in matt or anything ? If you do you could get some glass beads around the pistol grip n forend in the lacquer then do a finish coat the grip is great  . Eady to do ...

7 minutes ago, gunner said:

Sweet that will look nice , will u lacquer in matt or anything ? If you do you could get some glass beads around the pistol grip n forend in the lacquer then do a finish coat the grip is great  . Eady to do ...

Cheers gunner, yep i did think it should be Matt lacquered to keep the pattern from wearing off, but hadn't thought about the beads for grip? I'll have to look into that. Thanks👍

The guy that did mine used beads for media blasting , the finish in those areas are similar to 150 grit sand paper B)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got her shooting good, 25grns Vn133 behind both 32grn Vmax and 32grn sbk's HBN coated,3960fps,both shooting to same point of magpie😀.

Within the last week I've shot 5 rabbits, 1 crow, 5 magpies and 2 foxes and both bullets have performed great, but the Vmax is my favourite 😃, just like my 204, it's a cracking round for vermin, as you all say😋