Show us your shotguns!

Scrumbag

Hello folks,

Anyone use a shotgun when hunting foxes or get out with a shotty?

Interested in how people set theirs up and we don't seem to have had a picture thread for a while.

What will probably be my go to is a Benelli Supernova 12b, 24" smooth bore barrel with rifle sights and a Burris Speedbead and Fastfire III (3MOA Dot). Also has a Nordic Extension Tube which is mainly from shooting Practical Shotgun as well.

If I can find the pictures I shall put up pictures of my Winchester M12 and Browning BPS...

Scrummy

UeYNz2im.jpg

3VY2PnGm.jpg

GQH4Cgsm.jpg

JAkPwtKm.jpg

I also run a Benelli Supernova (sgc version)  for vermin, wildfowl etc, cracking bit of kit and those 3.5" magnums always raise a smile! I've also got a Beretta 687 EL and an S57 El, something is just so right with that era of Beretta. On the odd driven day I'll take my Carr brothers sbs Damascus barreled hammer gun, I love it as it's 120 odd years old and always a talking point. Last and least is a folding .410 for livestock destruction.

Here's a .22 Smooth bore shotgun, started life  in 1874 as a .45 cal in a necked down .577 case(I believe) .  

This was my wife's granddad's rifle, the story goes he won it as a young man, in a competition shooting a sixpence ??

My wife was given it in about 1983, when we had it retubed and she used it shooting targets on various ranges. Those were the day's, loading .223/30-30/7.62/.357mag/.44mag/9mm all afternoon/evening then blowing them all the next day☺☺.

After the handgun ban we had it smoothbored and it now sits on my shotgun cert.

IMG_20190113_155141.jpg

IMG_20190113_164407.jpg

Nice Bob 👍

I have a Beretta 687 grade 3 20 bore that I never use lol and a semi-auto Webly and Scott 28" multichoke in 3.5" magnum with a 4" extension tube, I used it for 15 years when I used to cover a lot of estates shooting foxes when I was in the Scottish Hill packs Association, used to shoot some heavy loads through that gun mostly AAA shot.

12 minutes ago, foxinmad said:

Nice Bob 👍

I have a Beretta 687 grade 3 20 bore that I never use lol and a semi-auto Webly and Scott 28" multichoke in 3.5" magnum with a 4" extension tube, I used it for 15 years when I used to cover a lot of estates shooting foxes when I was in the Scottish Hill packs Association, used to shoot some heavy loads through that gun mostly AAA shot.

Can you remember if they were plastic or fibre wads?

Plastic wads Scrummy, I knew a lad that loaded them and bought hundreds at the time, I still have plenty left but my foxing days with the shotgun are few and far between now.

Great for shooting in heavy cover at a closer range and accounted for a lot of foxes

42 minutes ago, foxinmad said:

Nice Bob 👍

Cheers Martin,  cracking load for Charlie 3.5"magnum triple A's 👍

On 1/13/2019 at 9:12 PM, foxinmad said:

Plastic wads Scrummy, I knew a lad that loaded them and bought hundreds at the time, I still have plenty left but my foxing days with the shotgun are few and far between now.

Great for shooting in heavy cover at a closer range and accounted for a lot of foxes

I bet!

49 minutes ago, Scrumbag said:

By the way Bob, the Martini is awesome!

Thanks mate, it doesn't see much light these days since it's been smoothbored, the odd rat maybe 😀, we still think it's awesome too, bet it could tell a story or two😃

Hi' shotguns are my first love, especially English side by sides from the hey day of British manufacturing and innovation (1860 - 1920). At present my shotgun cabinet contains:

10G Tipping & Lawden (London) Damascus s/s hammergun (Black powder proof, 2 5/8 chamber) 1877

10G Arthur Conyer(Dorset) Damascus s/s hammer gun (Nitro, 2 7/8 chambers) 1887

12G Holland & Holland (London) Damascus s/s hammer gun (Nitro, 70mm chamber) 1876

12G Scott & Son (London) Damascus s/s hammer gun (Nitro 70mm chambers) 1875

12g Maleham(Sheffield) Best boxlock s/s hammerless ejector (Nitro 65mm chamber) 1905

12g Abbaticio & Salvenelli (Famars, Italy) Self cocking ejector s/s hammer gun (Nitro, 70mm chambers) 1970's

12g Browning B25(Liege, Belgium)  best boxlock  o/u hammerless ejector Pintail model #261 of 500 (Nitro, 70mm chambers) 1981

16g Army & Navy(London) sidelock  hammerless ejector s/s (Nitro 65mm chambers) 1908

Many others have passed through, including several Purdey's which avarice persuaded me to part with. Unfortunately my increasing disabilities preclude shooting these as often as I would like - especially the 10G guns, which are great fun when shot with Black powder loads!! Nothing like the old smoke pole on a quiet evening flight - especially when ones companions aren't familiar with the sight and sound of a 10G Black powder load😈

M somewhat overgunned in Monmouthshire

Just got this 410 handed down from my American uncle who is packing up shooting at ~85. Great gun to let girls try a shot. The gun is a L.C. Smith field grade side by side. My uncle had it fitted to him when he was 11.  I hit a clay with the first shot I took.... missed second and third....

ccxnbt6.jpg

edi

5 hours ago, Miseryguts said:

Hi' shotguns are my first love, especially English side by sides from the hey day of British manufacturing and innovation (1860 - 1920). At present my shotgun cabinet contains:

10G Tipping & Lawden (London) Damascus s/s hammergun (Black powder proof, 2 5/8 chamber) 1877

12G Holland & Holland (London) Damascus s/s hammer gun (Nitro, 70mm chamber) 1876

12g Maleham(Sheffield) Best boxlock s/s hammerless ejector (Nitro 65mm chamber) 1905

12g Abbaticio & Salvenelli (Famars, Italy) Self cocking ejector s/s hammer gun (Nitro, 70mm chambers) 1970's

12g Browning B25(Liege, Belgium)  best boxlock  o/u hammerless ejector Pintail model #261 of 500 (Nitro, 70mm chambers) 1981

16g Army & Navy(London) sidelock  hammerless ejector s/s (Nitro 65mm chambers) 1908

Many others have passed through, including several Purdey's which avarice persuaded me to part with. Unfortunately my increasing disabilities preclude shooting these as often as I would like - especially the 10G guns, which are great fun when shot with Black powder loads!! Nothing like the old smoke pole on a quiet evening flight - especially when ones companions aren't familiar with the sight and sound of a 10G Black powder load😈

Very nice miseryguts, your name really should be happybunnie with that lot of beauties,we need pics😃

On 1/15/2019 at 6:43 PM, Miseryguts said:

Pintail B25's are an amazing shotgun.

PS Thats the one I`d like to see some pics of.

Archived