Tubb ATR

Having now handled one I'm very impressed, best features of the T2k and further improvements. The magazines are a particularly clever design. My choice of retirement present was between this and a AI AXMC, took a gamble and opted for the ATR and a very pleased I did. This rifle type was used to claim a ELR World record in Jan 18: 

These are stock photos from the Tubb website.

atr3-500x500.jpg

atr5-500x500.jpg

atr4-500x500.jpg

atr2-500x500.jpg

atr1-500x500.jpg

My chosen calibres are 6XC and 300NM, plans in place to go with a 33XC as well.

Certainly a superb base for a multi calibre rifle John

Your 2K shoots extremely well - no reason why this version won’t do the same - looking forwards to seeing it when it arrives.

The 33XC looks very interesting - will that load as single or mag in the ATR - looking at brass spec it appear to be slightly longer than the Lapua case and would probably be best served with solids rather than conventional jacketed bullets.

Which brings in several really interesting products - Warner 256 flatlines, Gs Custom SP and Lutz Moellers LM 105 (all 33” )

Pretty certain all would need single feed 

Interesting times for ELR 😄

Very nice.

What glass is going on top? If not the Leupold with Tubb ret then might be worth waiting for the new 5-45 x56 pm2 Schmidt’s with the LRR reticle ( will do a side by side against  March 5-40fx and IOR Crusader when mine arrives).

For total adjustment capability, take a look at this:

http://www.rmftc.eu/pdf/RMFTC_stockreview.pdf

Now if only it was available in 6x47 or 6BR..................

Pete

If only the bolt handle didn’t look ,,,,,”odd”

Excellent platform but spendy 😃

The bolt handle knob is very similar to the T2k, an acquired taste. The bolt is however a lot beefier than the T2k for obvious reasons.

Spendy, yes very, but I would have paid the same for a switch barrel AI AXMC and to get it in the calibres I wanted it would probably have been more; and who else has a ATR? I do know that mine is number 32.

John

Be nice to see how it goes in the 300NM. What are you looking re ELR and scope elevation adjustment to get there, will the S&B have enough ‘up’?

TJC, - yes no doubt Mr Tubb can shoot and he wins, its the ‘how’ I’m no too fond of!........

T

What disciplines do you intend using the rifle for or Is it just a extreme long range plinker.

Do you intend doing any comps with it..?

What extreme range comps are there besides the recent Gardiners range I glimpsed somewhere a couple of weeks ago.

40 minutes ago, John MH said:

That should be far enough for starters, the limit down here in Cornwall is about 1700 yards at the moment.

Fag packet calculations 

255 or 267 solid of .8 bc (G1) and pushing them at a (I think ) achievable 3200 FPS will get you 2700 yds before you run out of elevation .......

the 33XC should achieve that with ease and Peterson brass is likely to be decent quality so should hold up

Better going this way for ELR than overbore 375 or unobtainable 408/416 projectiles ,,,,

Can shoot at Warcop to 3k (assuming mil allow club entry) 

Andy , the genesis looked interesting at the IWA, however I am somewhat allergic to external adjustment scopes after having a couple of USO sn9 scopes. Personally I would be looking at Ivey mounts but then again I have never used a Charlie unit.

Hi David 😃

Yes those SN 9’s were something else ,,,,,,,

I think the Charlie unit the better option too 

The ranges we have in the uk where one can shoot beyond a mile are few and far bettween - most if not all suffer from weather issues  (cloud , mist and fog in the case of the coastal one )