Tikka 595 trigger replacement

Labrador77

Does anyone know for sure if a 595 trigger mech as interchangeable with a t3? Not much on the web and reading conflicting reports if they do or not. Or if anyone has a 595/695 trigger mech they want to sell. Long story but I'm pre empting replacing a missing unit, along with some other bits possibly. Thanks in advance.

I have 2 CG Universal (Jackson) T3 triggers on my M595's, and they work perfectly. (I got mine from Baldie on here.)

Not sure about the factory originals, though.

Re-Pete

1 hour ago, Akeld said:

Fair enough

Apologies, too brief there. To expand, I was sent a T3 unit by GMK in error, it didn't fit, but this could just be due to the angle of the thumb pad on the safety lever. However, that's not a very easy thing to modify. 

I went on to purchase a unit from Bix n Andy, which I was assured they'd done many times. Turns out it also didn't fit due to the safety lever. I had to modify the action of my M595 slightly to make it work (done after consultation with a most revered riflesmith). Bix n Andy solution was just to bend it, but to me that was not the solution, it was simply the wrong shape.

In summary, do not order anything that is designed for T3 and expect it to be a straight fit to M595/M695.

3 hours ago, Malxwal said:

FFS, I just sold a brand new unused M595/695 genuine assembly for half price two days ago, as it had been lying about in my cupboard for a year. I have a Tikka set trigger unit (Stecher) for these too, could be persuaded....

I saw that on SD! Thanks for the offer of the set trigger, but I'd prefer a standard one ideally if possible.

You  may get a new unit from GMK (via your local gunshop) but it could cost you £145... 

I previously tried a CG trigger from the mob that are doing them in Australia, but it was a disaster, didn't fit, hopeless technical asisstance etc, so was retutned. Expensive mistake that one, a shame as I'd heard the CG units were great.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:09 AM, Malxwal said:

Apologies, too brief there. To expand, I was sent a T3 unit by GMK in error, it didn't fit, but this could just be due to the angle of the thumb pad on the safety lever. However, that's not a very easy thing to modify. 

I went on to purchase a unit from Bix n Andy, which I was assured they'd done many times. Turns out it also didn't fit due to the safety lever. I had to modify the action of my M595 slightly to make it work (done after consultation with a most revered riflesmith). Bix n Andy solution was just to bend it, but to me that was not the solution, it was simply the wrong shape.

In summary, do not order anything that is designed for T3 and expect it to be a straight fit to M595/M695.

No apology needed or expected, always happy to learn from others experience

• 3 years later...
On 8/17/2018 at 10:42 PM, Malxwal said:

FFS, I just sold a brand new unused M595/695 genuine assembly for half price two days ago, as it had been lying about in my cupboard for a year. I have a Tikka set trigger unit (Stecher) for these too, could be persuaded....

Hi Malxwal, 

Would you by any chance still have the Set Trigger unit, if not would you know where I might get one ?

Thanks

Stephen