6.5 PRC

• 1 year later...

I think it all depends how much 200-300 fps is actually going to help you in what you do I have just brought a blaser for stalking and long range plinking I was going 6.5 creedmoor or 6.5 PRC and 6.5-284 but after running a chart abs actually looking at the ranges I’ll be shooting out to 800 yards it did not really make enough difference for the fact that it uses more powder shorter barrel life and even less factory ammo available if needed iv gave up reloading because it’s shoot factory 120gr eld m in one hole at 2844fps with a ES of 16 over 10 shots  that more than good enough for what I am going to be doing with the rifle 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 6.5 wsm which pushes the 140's between 3250 and 3450 ft sec with comfort however the barrel will get quite warm after four or five rounds so not something that putting 10 rounds down quickly and with a mod on would work for most comp use . Would i go down the route of a fast 6.5 again .... No ........ Imho go 7mm every day !

OSOK