T3x Trigger Question

Hi Guys,

I have a question about the single stage trigger that’s installed on the standard T3x.

Is it the type of single stage trigger that remains stationary until it breaks cleanly, or is it the type that moves under increasing pressure until it breaks without warning (like a revolver trigger).

Thanks,

Cam.

I think you’re confused, Cam.

A single stage trigger, such as the standard Tikka offering, remains stationary until pressure causes it to release.

A two stage trigger moves under initial pressure then comes to a stop and requires additional pressure to cause it to release.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are happy with a single stage the factory ones are easily tweaked to lighten, while remaining nice and crisp.

If you like a two stage then CG two stage triggers are popular, Timney also do a decent one but it's geared for light pull weights whereas the CG will do light and heavy.

4 hours ago, 1in9 said:

Timney also do a decent one but it's geared for light pull weights whereas the CG will do light and heavy.

FWIW, the Timney 2-stage appears to have adjustment from about a lb (it will go lighter but wasnt safe at all) to 3lb or so (I didnt try heavier) - the packaging is marked "Tikka T3 Trigger **3lb**".

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2018 at 11:42 AM, 17 Rem said:

A single stage trigger, such as the standard Tikka offering, remains stationary until pressure causes it to release.

As long as it's a decent one and not riddled with creep!

On 7/8/2018 at 1:58 PM, BallisticsBoy said:

Great, thanks. Now I just need to figure out where I can buy a complete trigger unit...

The only place I've seen them advertised in on the Brownells UK and as usual they're eye-watingly expensive at around £200. I expect that importing one from the US or Europe would be a lot cheaper. I did have a look Brownells' US site (via a US proxy as the  cheeky sods now have a location-based redirect on their US site to stop you seeing how much they're having your trousers down). Brownells UK are approaching double the price of anyone else on Tikka mounts, so you might be able to get a trigger cheaper through a local dealer.

Archived