John Carr/ apex ZENITH action

Hi has anyone used one of these actions yet ? I've been looking on the apex site and it looks very similar to the defiance deviant. I was wondering if it's also cut to take AI AW magazines and also a price.

thanks s b 

I've built a rifle using an Apex action but it's a solid bottom/micro port version. 

I think John (Carr) got everything right with this action - tenon, built-in lug, pic rail, trigger fixing etc.

Functionality is everything you would expect from a custom action.

I have got an apex action. I had my name engraved on the side instead of apex. Its a single shot shot right bolt right port. I can't remember the model. It had the recoil lug machined as part of the action. Its a very good build quality and I would recommend them. Mine is in a 6.5x47 and has the small firing pin. John carr was a pleasure to deal with and is very accommodating.

I can't comment on exact pricing but they are similar to all the other custom actions. The only downside is possible the resale value will be less than the other 'big brands' as they are not very well known. 

1 minute ago, Big Al said:

John told me he has stopped making actions for the foreseeable future.

He is too busy with other aspects of his business.

My mate was told the same a few weeks back, was told they couldn't get suitable engineers / machine operators.

As I understand it, John has not stopped making his actions but, he is concentrating on the stuff that sells all the time - like his new line of rings and rails etc. which he had on display at the Shooting Show.

If you seriously wanted an Apex action, I'm sure he'd make you one. The one in the pic is a right-bolt, left port with micro-port.

DSC_2336.JPG

Archived