Plot-o-matic scoring strategy

Catch-22

Re electronic targets, having shot all the F class league shoots at Diggle ever since the silver mountain targets were acquired, I do not recall a complete shoot ever going ahead either due to the weather but mainly electronic target failure. The only shoots that were completed were with competitor marking. Even so electronics, if and when they work, have caused a bigger problem and that is what does everybody do about getting to the 1000yd firing point. No problem with competitor marking as half are in the butts.

As for Bisley, there are some very good private markers available, I even had a complaint at The Spudgun Challenge that they were marking the targets to quickly. Anyone who shot the Imperial F class this year would be well aware of the unbelievably bad marking by the NRA markers, truly it was worse than I have ever seen. Bisleys electronics just about work, if they bother to maintain them but most good shooters won,t trust them.

Personnally I would always go with good manually markers and pulled targets, the markers are available if you know where to look, thank god for Gary and Paul

On 11/23/2020 at 8:22 AM, dorg said:

Re electronic targets, having shot all the F class league shoots at Diggle ever since the silver mountain targets were acquired, I do not recall a complete shoot ever going ahead either due to the weather but mainly electronic target failure. The only shoots that were completed were with competitor marking. Even so electronics, if and when they work, have caused a bigger problem and that is what does everybody do about getting to the 1000yd firing point. No problem with competitor marking as half are in the butts.

As for Bisley, there are some very good private markers available, I even had a complaint at The Spudgun Challenge that they were marking the targets to quickly. Anyone who shot the Imperial F class this year would be well aware of the unbelievably bad marking by the NRA markers, truly it was worse than I have ever seen. Bisleys electronics just about work, if they bother to maintain them but most good shooters won,t trust them.

Personnally I would always go with good manually markers and pulled targets, the markers are available if you know where to look, thank god for Gary and Paul

Well, you will be shocked when you next use the SMTs. Since the first Diggle round last year, Paul Harkins has put many hours into waterproofing them and they worked faultlessly at Blair afterwards despite persistent driving rain. Fingers crossed they'll work just as well next year.

• 4 months later...

I have only just seen this, and can only comment on Bisley.

The electronics at Bisley are notoriously unreliable. I've only been back since Tuesday and since then have heard of five breakdowns on the electronics over the radio. When you have a control radio it's an eye opener as to how the electronic targets perform camp wide. I put it down to poor maintenance by Bisley.

As for human markers, there are a few good NRA markers, but they are the minority, ask the F Class guys who were at the Imperial. At least with private markers you are more likely to get what you pay for.

You know where l am  :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've read the website and I've made my own Plot-o-Matic.   Looking forward to trying it out and trying not to confuse myself!

IMG_3732 2.jpeg