couldn't help noticing

Reloader54

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My other passion is bikes I have my old 1200 bandit (Bob Farnem tuned ) winter bike 

My triumph Speed triple also tuned by Bob but that might be going as Ive never felt completely happy with it despite improvements.

My 750 Gixer track bike still ridden on the road and my totally mad ZX10 2016 track bike tuned by MSS which is road legal still but only works on the road.

May be we should have a UKV track day this summer?

I'm 57 didn't do my first one until I was 54 but I'm really aware this coming season of my mortality and brake ability as it were.its the only thing that I've got that generates loads of adrenaline so on balance I know I'm going to enjoy it but wind my neck in a bit this year! It has maid me much more sensible on the roads as ican push it in relative safety on the track.i run the front of inters or middle of fast group at Brands on both circuits but way off the pace of the race boys.

Im hopefully doing another trip to Italy this summer that's a different type of riding but very rewarding after a long stint.

1 hour ago, bradders said:

I've often toyed with the idea of doing a track day, but to be honest I really don't want to wreck my bike, and as you get older you don't bounce and recover quite as well

You can hire bikes for the day. The likes of the ‘small boys bike hire’ is very reasonably priced and you don’t have to bother with anything other than turning up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Never owned a harley but at 41 theres still time . Bikes i have had 

Kawasaki AR50 

Yamaha TZR 125 2rk 

Suzuki GSXR 400R gk76a

Yamaha R6 

Yamaha R1- this got stolen and wasn't insured / selling !! 

Im on the cusp of finishing a restoration tho and i cant get the 2stroke thing out of my head so i impulse bought this 1993 TZR 125R nearly two year ago and im dying to have a play . Iv changed even bearing and seal top to bottom . Needs running in / new 170cc top end ( Athena ) powdercoated wheels, frame, swingin arm  , yolks . Just needs a nice paint job :) I love most motorcycles really but the bike I would do anything for is an doohans NSR 500 

IMG_20180406_135717.jpg

IMG_20180406_135728.jpg

IMG_20160710_182945.jpg

Cracking little bike!   I always hankered after a TZR250 but could never afford one when they came out.  Ditto for the development in the Aprilia RS250.

A few of my (sadly now sold) RSVR Eddy rep:

_MG_8234.JPG

_MG_5501.JPG

2 hours ago, gunner said:

Never owned a harley but at 41 theres still time . Bikes i have had 

Kawasaki AR50 

Yamaha TZR 125 2rk 

Suzuki GSXR 400R gk76a

Yamaha R6 

Yamaha R1- this got stolen and wasn't insured / selling !! 

Im on the cusp of finishing a restoration tho and i cant get the 2stroke thing out of my head so i impulse bought this 1993 TZR 125R nearly two year ago and im dying to have a play . Iv changed even bearing and seal top to bottom . Needs running in / new 170cc top end ( Athena ) powdercoated wheels, frame, swingin arm  , yolks . Just needs a nice paint job :) I love most motorcycles really but the bike I would do anything for is an doohans NSR 500 

IMG_20180406_135717.jpg

IMG_20180406_135728.jpg

IMG_20160710_182945.jpg

Loving that mate. I did much the same with the SP1 I refurbished. 

Love fettling with the bikes almost as much as riding them. Also gives you something to do during the winter months. 

On 4/18/2018 at 5:06 AM, bradders said:

..my Brother has a Harley out in OZ, an Iron 883, and when I was there for a couple of months last year I got to ride it nearly every day, and I have to admit it was quite good fun

My US mate had one and the vibration was phenomenal. You couldn't sit at 30mph in town as your vision was impaired with the vibs. Had to be doing at least 36mph to make it half tolerable. Honestly Officer..  Much preferred to ride his FJ1200 or the VFR800 (identical to mine, even the year).

As a scooter rider in the early 70's I was really into the scene, soul music ,the whole nine yards and after a load of  years on bikes decided to get another so a 1962 series 3 slowly growing in my garage.That said in the ensuing years have owned some cool metal ,a 250lc on an x reg ,owned from new a zzr1100 ,a buell and several Harleys. Current main bike for the last 11 years is a Nightrod....lovely machine.

Also had a few Hondas a Guzzi ,bmw k100, Aprilia Futura and a Suzy GT 185 ...loved most of them.

While my beloved Speed Triple was in for service last week, the nice people at Jack Lilley loaned me this for the day

Triumph Street Triple 765 RS

image.png.53f8734b29a648f566da8036af5f3dee.png31131312_10216235959882473_3331452801174

This has the engine that will be used in Moto 2® for the next 3 years

Not much until 7000 RPM....and then Holy Jesus!!!!   It's like an old school 2stroke hitting the powerband as it makes the jump to Light Speed

Phenomenal

16 minutes ago, gazzarM1 said:

Do you not think the loaner is a subtle   sales pitch?.....lovely machine btw

Actually no,

The courtesy bikes they had available were a Thruxton R and a Street twin, unfortunately the git in front of me nicked in and got the Thruxton and the Street Twin is too similar to my Scrembler (incidentally the Street Scrambler is a better bike.

I asked if they had the new Speed Triple 1050 RS, bt it was out, so I asked if they had the Street Triple RS, as I have wanted to see what all the fuss has been about

They do now have the 1050 RS back in and have texted me to offer me the loan of it

Love Triumphs, good British product...unlike all that "Foreign Muck"® :lol:

100% British too....except for the Swedish suspension, Italian brakes and German tyres 

Geezer,  where do I start after all these.....

So currently there are a few I just won't sell, a few I wished I never sold, and a few I'm glad I did! ?

Still got my Ducati 200 Elite, they look nice in pictures,  but in the metal, are a thing of beauty when you sit on it, or look at the details in design. I also still have my Norton inter, Es2,  Minarelli 50cc racer, and  I consider them all keepers, as they all run and ride as they should.  Nice bits of history. ......

I wish I kept my Vtr1000 with a few special bits, tz250 with hans hummell barrels, rs125 (recently went to race in Ireland ), a healthy  selection of quick 2 stroke stuff on the roads.

As for fast stuff, well there was the Spondon turbo and zx10r turbo amongst others....

I was lucky to work in a tuning and dyno shop for bikes for quite a few years, and had the wonderful opportunity to built a few bikes for the bol d'or.

I plan to build a 450 single gp style track bike for some fun, and some more normal for roads once more.....

• 2 months later...

Cheers Bradders...had a yearning for another Trumpet as my memories of my 750 triple some 20 years ago remain strong...it was one of the most addictive creamy smooth howling motors on full chat that I ever owned.

I've already shelled out on a Remus end can to liberate a little more fruitiness but may have to look to a low seat option as I tried one with a standard seat and it was tippy toes territory whilst trying to paddle about 250Kgs of Hinkley muscle! (33 or 34 inch seat height).  The pulling power of that Explorer triple is immense (genuine "rip the arms out" stuff) It makes 74ft-lbs from just 2.5K revs, building to close on 90ft-lb and 137BHP higher up the revs...bonkers performance from a quarter tonne adventure-style machine.  KTM 1290 is even more bonkers but also pretty pointless.

Your twin trumpet is also a lovely machine but I see you have no trouble on that one with feet planted!  Are those spoked rims tubed or tubeless?

Fine pics of your Scrambler, Bradders; must have been an amazing photographer ?

A couple of my former steeds:

R1IMG_4058.jpg

Kwak ZX6R IMG_4331.jpg

The R1 got nicked so all I’ve got now is my T reg VFR800 (which isn’t standard and is plenty for most situations.)

Stay safe!

18 hours ago, VarmLR said:

Cheers Bradders...had a yearning for another Trumpet as my memories of my 750 triple some 20 years ago remain strong...it was one of the most addictive creamy smooth howling motors on full chat that I ever owned.

I've already shelled out on a Remus end can to liberate a little more fruitiness but may have to look to a low seat option as I tried one with a standard seat and it was tippy toes territory whilst trying to paddle about 250Kgs of Hinkley muscle! (33 or 34 inch seat height).  The pulling power of that Explorer triple is immense (genuine "rip the arms out" stuff) It makes 74ft-lbs from just 2.5K revs, building to close on 90ft-lb and 137BHP higher up the revs...bonkers performance from a quarter tonne adventure-style machine.  KTM 1290 is even more bonkers but also pretty pointless.

Your twin trumpet is also a lovely machine but I see you have no trouble on that one with feet planted!  Are those spoked rims tubed or tubeless?

The Scrambler has tubed rims, the bike appears fairly small for me, but I am 6'3" or so

It's a great bike and attracts all the right attention wherever it goes

Your new bike has the same power output as my Speed Triple, so that'll be no slouch!!!!!

Archived