couldn't help noticing

Reloader54

Mid life crisis,always wanted one of these  kept for a year ,mental thing ?,have to admit im a bit to old for sports bikes now, wonder I didn't kill myself on it, l think you never get bikes out of the system and still get the urge come spring,really fancy an XT500 Yamaha (70s kid at heart)

IMG_0356.JPG

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Villadave59 said:

Mid life crisis,always wanted one of these  kept for a year ,mental thing ?,have to admit im a bit to old for sports bikes now, wonder I didn't kill myself on it, l think you never get bikes out of the system and still get the urge come spring,really fancy an XT500 Yamaha (70s kid at heart)

IMG_0356.JPG

"when the fear of death is greater than the thrill of speed it's time to sell"

8 minutes ago, Villadave59 said:

IMG_0356.JPG

Yea had a few of those. Lovely bikes on the road. Also had 1 as a track bike. 

Road bike

C55B8B64-EE2C-498B-9DE3-75BF3F376755.jpeg

5 minutes ago, onehole said:

One I wish I had,,,!!!!!,,,owned I mean,,,,,,,,,,lovely

Restored that 1 from a rather ratty state. 

My mate now has it, so not exactly lost yet 

One of my last rides (this was my bike):

ImageFetch.ashx?Size=0&ImageID=1422

My current Sportster (no leather chaps involved;)).  I avoid the Harley Owner's club like the plague.  This is a bit of fun for blatting about on for 6 months of the year anyway and the Mrs approves as she's comfy on the back.  Mind you to get the thing to go, sound and handle well took a lot of effort including SE Super-tuner and dyno time, straight through pipes, Hagon shocks etc etc, but simply love the riding experience.

IMG_1278.JPG

8 minutes ago, VarmLR said:

I can just see Bradders riding that in purple fringed chaps...and a pudding basin helment...:lol:

Being one of the "Forest" people, I see that as being more likely you than me

Personally I am too cool for this place and out-style the lot of you

14 minutes ago, VarmLR said:

Well I'm not a "forest" person, whatever that means but I'm sure that you're a complete style icon Bradders ;):P

Forest of Dean

Actually as the weather improves, I try to get out at every opportunity. One of the main reasons for getting back on 2 wheels was because of the traffic here in London, but now I use them for exploring the city as well as getting out at the weekends

For one reason or other I haven't managed to put the miles in like I dd last year :-(.....but yes, I am a bit of a style icon and leader of men :-)

Ah...gotchya...I'm on the wrong side of the river to be a forester (or should that read "on the right side"?).

I used to use my bikes daily....had nothing else for years, but now, age, injury and self employment limit my annual miles to perhaps a few thousand at most (used to clock 15 to 20K miles annually).  I try and get out for a long run weekly, usually a weekday with the Mrs whilst the nipper's at school.   Not into the club scene and never was, but I get why some enjoy riding groups on organised ride outs as the craic can be good.  I'd rather pack a picnic and ride up into the Welsh mountains or down across Exmoor either alone or with the Mrs.  The Sportster's the perfect bike for me now as it's a laid back mile muncher, and handles surprisingly well.  I enjoy riding anywhere rural out of traffic.

22 hours ago, ColinBR said:

The bike I wish I never sold

FE8F0D6D-D9DF-4769-9E89-F29C778E9A60.jpeg

Lovely, I've got Yoshimura cans on my SP1, can't beat that v twin noise. Got it's ugly brother the Firestorm too which I love, really great road bike. A ccm 604 supermoto for being a tool on. Had various Blades, a 595 Daytona which was a nice bike. Have a really strong itch for a Triumph Thruxton R.

I got to ride a Scooter many years ago.....it felt like the most lethal thing ever invented

Rear heavy, tiny wheels....scared the bejesus out of me :huh:

But I have a confession to make, my Brother has a Harley out in OZ, an Iron 883, and when I was there for a couple of months last year I got to ride it nearly every day, and I have to admit it was quite good fun

2018041718042150-IMG_4733-L.jpg

Wish I owned the grey one in the pic Mark [red jacketed rider ] That looks like a Vespa GS. Very rare in that condition, and worth a fortune.

My Lammy was tested last week, and i'm just awaiting the registration [ old frame that has to be re registered ] Fingers crossed for a sensible number. The frame is a 1964.

After approximately a 3 1/2 year wait, I have to say i'm a little excited.

Folk moan about having to wait 3 months for a gun :lol:

I'll stick some pics up when I finally get it.

Archived