couldn't help noticing

Reloader54

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to have a triumph, but went onto Aprilia RSVRs for 10 years before having a bit of fun with a KTM Duke.  Knackered back means I now blat about on a Harley 1200 sportster....with an ear to ear grin like some of the sports bikes could rarely match :)

13 minutes ago, VarmLR said:

Used to have a triumph, but went onto Aprilia RSVRs for 10 years before having a bit of fun with a KTM Duke.  Knackered back means I now blat about on a Harley 1200 sportster....with an ear to ear grin like some of the sports bikes could rarely match :)

I think I know that smile as I also have a Harley  1340 chop. I seem to ride all the time making the a10 redundant hence the contemplating sale.  

1 hour ago, bradders said:

I don’t have a Harley, I have two Triumphs because unlike you two, I have no desire to ride down to the Blue Oyster Bar in my leathers and chaps

:lol::lol: Plus you have to be big and fat to drive a Harley. Otherwise they refuse to sell them to you. So i was told, as i would never be seen in a Harley Dealer....:ph34r:

My old neighbor had a,,,,,, I can't say it again. The fat blokes bikes as said above.... He was tall and skinny, and when he went out on his half a dozen times a year for 1 rides. (I admit i wasn't much better on my sports bike. Too much cleaning after..) He looked like an action man figure on the bike. A porky bloke just looks right on a Harley ascetically. To me anyhow... 

I've got my tin hat on so let it role..... :P

1 hour ago, ColinBR said:

My current steed

7E83376F-B272-4B88-9086-65A605979CEF.jpeg

Now that's a beauty! :wub: I was a Kawasaki man myself. Lost count of how many Ninja's i had! Great bikes, bar the tank slap on a couple' at high revs in low gears. Used to scare the Shize out of me! I also promised myself a damper but never got round to getting one... We were a 1 car family then, so the wife had the car 90% of the time. So dry days the Ninja came out. Wet days, my 1980's Honda CG 125 (with a top box) came out. Great little bike!:)

lets be clear.

you "ride" a  motorcycle. 

You  "drive" a car,truck, ect. 

I never heard of a Harley ascetically,  

and I believe you meant "roll" 

:P

and quite a few Harley owners wouldn't go anywhere near a HD dealership.:lol:

1 hour ago, Reloader54 said:

lets be clear.

you "ride" a  motorcycle. 

You  "drive" a car,truck, ect. 

I never heard of a Harley ascetically,  

and I believe you meant "roll" 

:P

and quite a few Harley owners wouldn't go anywhere near a HD dealership.:lol:

That's because they wouldn't be allowed in...:D

These are my boys

Triumph Speed Triple R, getting ready for a raid into Normandy, at Pegasus Bridge and also at the Richard Winters memorial on the road to St Meré Eglise

2018041519161743-IMG_0200-600x450.jpg2018041519161743-IMG_0201-600x450.jpg2018041519143128-IMG_0202-600x450.jpg

Triumph Street Scrambler, for those Steve McQueen moments

2018041519143128-IMG_0198-600x450.jpg2018041519175710-IMG_0199-600x450.jpg

Love the Triumphs, fantastic bikes, and wherever you go someone wants to stop you to talk about them

2 minutes ago, firedoc said:

1980 Rd350LC Higgspeed expansion chambers, very anti social and not very environmental ?.

had a go on one when they first came out, blistering performance for a small motor. do you recall the kawasaki triples  I tried one once,,, It was scary as ,'#*  it handled like the frame was broken in several places, the brakes were next to useless, but the power,,,, below  4500rpm it was like a side valve bsa, at 5000 rpm it just took off like a rocket, the throttle was more like "altitude control" you'd be coming out of a corner  and suddenly all that power would twist the frame all over the damn place and the wheel would head skywards. 

they weren't called "widow-makers" for nothing.

3 minutes ago, onehole said:

Its been three years since saying goodbye to this doh!!!!   just toooo old now and too much on the road now that are out to get you,,,,,take care you people still having fun,,,,,

Image may contain: motorcycle

just as well you sold it,,,, looks like a "Zombie killer" with that colour scheme,;) 

Archived