A stupid Question???

nuttyspaniel

Okay lads I'm at a loss here!! My Data (lee) states a AOL of 2.13" at the start of the chapter for the 222! But going through the data I have seen some loads 2.19"!!!! And others 1.9"!! Now Im new to loading for the rifle but I do know length can be critical especially if your bullets is to long it very well may give dangerous pressures!! Now I am still to get my chamber measured but out of curiosity I candled a bullet placed it into an empty case closed the bolt, then repeated this another twice popped the bullet into my calipers and from nose to tip it was 2.19"!!! This isnt the length I intend to use as no doubt the bullet would be resting on the lands! So back to the original question! If the data states X, Y, and Z for the AOL why does it state a different AOL at the start of the chapter especially when 1 of several are longer than the 1st AOL at the start???

Sammi max oal for the 222rem is 2.130",if your tikka is the same as my 595 that is the max length you will be able to load if you want to mag feed.Perhaps the testers were using a single shot rifle and seated the bullet to where they found best accuracy,im suprised the mentioned the length though as they usually always stick to sammi length in load manuals.

Archived