GSAC Benchrest Shoot 18 March 2018

Panda

Hi folks.

So, at this time I'd normally be sorting out the results into a proper spreadsheet to send out to be published on the club's facebook page and thinking about the report I do for UKV.... all while cleaning the rifle and making the evening meal as well (who says men can't multi-task? Lol) but it isn't to be tonight. We arrived at the range today to discover the winds overnight had burst 2 of the target frames which had only been sorted at the annual post winter work session last week. Some judicious work by the joiners within the membership soon had them shored up. However, as soon as the other 2 frames were put up the faces were ripped out of them due to the force of the wind, and this was before they were even forecast to peak. After a short discussion it was decided it would impossible to guarantee the safety of the butts crew while marking so the competition was regrettably cancelled.

Our friendly joiners will be carrying out a redesign to the frames before the next competition which should do away with a lot of the problems encountered today so we look forward to seeing you all again on Sunday the 15th of April.

AtB

Panda

Ps.   If you say you're attending but can't make it please let us know. There's a nice new phone mast not far from the firing point so we'll get any messages or phone calls now. It does make it an awful lot easier to prepare the details if we know you're not going to make it.

1 hour ago, onslow52 said:

Twas a tad windy but at least D.R. was there to amuse us after the winter break.

For being there for so long, I didn't really get a chance to catch up with folk after the winter break.... hopefully next month things will run a bit smoother for us. On the plus side, with no rifle to clean it was quickly transformed to it's ftr guise ready for this Sunday.

Archived