Reloading with Rosie

LONG RANGE CAPT

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to Google 'Flynn' (Brandon ??) to get that reference.  :blush:  Shows how little contact I have with popular culture these days. (...... or come to think of it, ever!)

Anyway, we old f*rts have to gather rosebuds while ye may.

On 2/27/2018 at 1:57 PM, Laurie said:

Had to Google 'Flynn' (Brandon ??) to get that reference.  :blush:  Shows how little contact I have with popular culture these days. (...... or come to think of it, ever!)

Anyway, we old f*rts have to gather rosebuds while ye may.

Can I have your autograph Laurie now your a film star!    Hang on,  forget that,  can you get me a signed photo of the scantily clad Rosie?    And maybe her phone number so I can ask her some serious questions on meplat trimming and bullet pointing.   Cheers

I sort of got dragged into this by a phone call the afternoon before the 'shoot' and honestly didn't have a clue as to who Rosie is. I imagined that Edgar Brothers had recruited her from a local ladies' seminary to paraphrase W S Gilbert .... but did wonder about the shorts ... tanned legs that go on forever .... and ...

An interesting excursion and great fun.

Giving you her phone number? What makes you think I have it my man? You can go on her official website like all the other old saddos!

12 minutes ago, Laurie said:

I sort of got dragged into this by a phone call the afternoon before the 'shoot' and honestly didn't have a clue as to who Rosie is. I imagined that Edgar Brothers had recruited her from a local ladies' seminary to paraphrase W S Gilbert .... but did wonder about the shorts ... tanned legs that go on forever .... and ...

An interesting excursion and great fun.

Giving you her phone number? What makes you think I have it my man? You can go on her official website like all the other old saddos!

Google Rosie Jones, she's a Page 3 Stunna :wub:

Well, having seen that, she's positively over-dressed in the videos it seems.

I dont see the need for the lack of clothing by the presenter.....

And I dont mean Vince, Laurie or Stuart..... Seriously what do hot pants add to our sport other than an attempt to sell more kit.

I'm sure Rosie is a lovely person, but really!

2 hours ago, mole-e30 said:

I dont see the need for the lack of clothing by the presenter.....

And I dont mean Vince, Laurie or Stuart..... Seriously what do hot pants add to our sport other than an attempt to sell more kit.

I'm sure Rosie is a lovely person, but really!

I kind of agree, I like tits as much as the next chap but don't see what her being the presenter adds. Apart from some tragic innuendo that is. May be Byron Pace thought this might be his in.

I'd love to have watched a much more in depth series like this with input from the same chaps, I'd have been well impressed by EB's if that were the case.  This just seems a bit low rent and unnecessary in this day and age. Want reloading info, google that. Want Rosie or some other hottie in a pair of daisy dukes...well I heard that there's stuff like that on the interweb too...? I dunno how many chicks have FACs in the UK, but this doesnt really help the sport I dont think.

Each to the their!

It's purely to get 'the lads' watching as many of the videos as possible. Rosie is the eye candy to get people viewing. More views translates into better YouTube revenue. More views also translates into more equipment purchases because all the sponsored kit behind and around the reloading bench (plus within the conversation) all acts as a subliminal billboard for the brands. The brands know this (there are loads of these types of channels in the US) and can map a direct correlation between views and purchases.

i agree that it's sad she has to be scantily clad to get people watching. I don't think it leaves a good impression for our many excellent female shooters!

1 minute ago, Catch-22 said:

It's purely to get 'the lads' watching as many of the videos as possible. Rosie is the eye candy to get people viewing. More views translates into better YouTube revenue. More views also translates into more equipment purchases because all the sponsored kit behind and around the reloading bench (plus within the conversation) all acts as a subliminal billboard for the brands. The brands know this (there are loads of these types of channels in the US) and can map a direct correlation between views and purchases.

i agree that it's sad she has to be scantily clad to get people watching. I don't think it leaves a good impression for our many excellent female shooters!

Or it could be that we've become so stuffy over this last few years that things like this now appear unacceptable

With that said, I actually struggle to see the point of the videos except for attempting to showcase Hornadys products

Archived