L.P.S.C results.

No i deer

Last 1000yds  snapshoot of the year Dec 10th 2017 on stickledown at Bisley.

As usual alot of the fair weather shooters didn't turn up so we had a poor turn out.the NRA forgot to put out usual targetry so we had a roundal and a f class target and we were down to 2 lanes instead of 3.

Forecast was terrible and fortunately was nowhere near as bad.there was hardly any wind and dull with the odd bit of drizzle.we can sometimes have 20 shooters for 1000yds snapshooting.200yds McQueens in the afternoon and a poor turnout aswell.

Results from the first 1000yds  snapshoot of the year Jan 14th 2018 on stickledown

As December shoot forecast was bad again and for those who are fair weather shooters missed out again on a good day.it was dull cold but nearly no wind again :P which could produce some good scores as most of us arnt the best at wind doping.

Fred Cook had the bonus with somebody else putting a shot on his target giving him 21 hits out of 20 shots :D

Gallery shoot in melville in the afternoon.

L.P.S.C 1000yds snapshooting 

Basic information 

Shooters must know they elevations.

Rear bags are only allowed for zeroing and not in a COF.

Monopods are allowed as they are fixed to the rifle.

Any bipod but no fancy f class type rests

We all zero.zeroing shots are started to be restricted to 5 as it' wasting COF times.

We shoot at a fig11s.

There is 4 of them on the backer.they are 18 inches wide  x 48 inches high.

Scoring rings

The vbull is 3 inches = 12 points

6 inch ring  =10 points

9 inch ring = 8 points

12 ring = 6 points.

Anywhere on the fig11 outside the scoring rings = 4 points.

2 shots on one target doesnt count.no more than one hit per target per detail

Full COF is 4 siters and 20 to count 

Short COF is 4 siters and 12 to count.

Siter don't score.

COF starts and you have 30 seconds for 4 siters if you want them all.after 30 seconds target goes down gets marked.when target reappears you have 60 seconds to see where your shots have gone and then fire 1 shot at each of the 4 fig11s .

Target goes down.gets scored and your shots get marked.

Next detail is 50 seconds

Then 40 secs then 30 secs and final detail is 20 seconds.

If anybody wants to come and join us let me know and I will make the arrangements.nobody shoots without a SSC that must be shown at begining of the day when we all sign in and have a range brief.

Anybody who turns up late and misses range brief and start of zeroing will not be allowed too zero until all the first COF's are finished as this also wastes COF time that the club is paying for because some can't be bothered to get up and turn in on time as club instructions.

Below is Fig11 showing scoring rings

London practical shooting club.prone shooting.whatever the hme max limit is I guess.biggest ive seen used is 300 win mags.any bipod you like.As Paul pointed out I use a mystic bipod on one rifle too keep the rifle as low as possible as that's  how I like to shoot.i use a super short bipod on another rifle as silly me sold my AI bipod :wacko:.big mistake :(.

I will be trying out my new rebarreled 7mm saum on our next 1000yds club day.i have got a accushot monopod on the KRG whiskey 3 stock to try with the pheonx bipod.if I am not comfortable with it I will fold in the monopod take off the pheonix and use the mystic pod

Very passionate posts No I Deer, I didn’t know LPSC had members like footballers, it reminds me of that Portuguese Chap Ronaldo ? 

quick question on the 7 SAUM, will a new barrel make it HME? 

1 hour ago, Mark308 said:

Very passionate posts No I Deer, I didn’t know LPSC had members like footballers, it reminds me of that Portuguese Chap Ronaldo ? 

quick question on the 7 SAUM, will a new barrel make it HME? 

It would be very close Mr Nicholls and would depend on current temperature.the load I tested was made with that in mind.i did try another load that would take me over ;).

As Ronaldo would say BOOM :D

???? Boom.... how did you guess who ??

I’m thinking about a 7mm of some description in the near future.  I am liking Paul’s 280 AI though but it’s a long action? 

36 minutes ago, Mark308 said:

???? Boom.... how did you guess who ??

I’m thinking about a 7mm of some description in the near future.  I am liking Paul’s 280 AI though but it’s a long action? 

Apart from the 7mm 08 probaly all the 7mms are long action Mark.my 7mm saum loaded with a 180gr hybrid would be  too long for a short action magazine.i think Paul's 280ai is built on a xl action which he had throated for 180gr scenar l's which are probaly around or in excess of 3.5 inches oal and need a 300 win mag size magazine.

If banus02 wants a taster day and has a SSC I can make arrangements and have him as a guest and chapperol him for the day.club procedures I'm affraid.annual joining fees are around £105 per year which includes 6 range day vouchers.once they are used up it's £12 per day to shoot.now that's a bargain :D .

I think it's £12 for a guest for a day.£15 maximum. 

Anybody wanna give it a go then....?

The next 1000yds day is on the 18th of Feb.200yds McQueens in the afternoon :D

Archived