New Tikka rimfire

bradders

Yup. It'll go on any stock designed to take T3 bottom plastic.

(But for anyone hoping for plug and play on a chassis system, almost all chassis systems are designed for AICS, and don't take T3 bottom plastic)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The simple solution (for anyone with Cad scanner) would be make a AICS mag blank with inlet to take 22RF mag - assuming the mags are straight and not curved with simple latch........

12 hours ago, bradders said:

A bit of a radical idea, but what if someone bought one of these......and left it just as it is?

Ooh, you heretical person you! It would never catch on. ?

Seriously though, the original Sako Finfire came with ‘man size stocks’ hopefully this Tikka rf will, ? The only advantage of dropping the rf into a cf stock is the ability to practice rf with the same set up as your cf.

just my 5cents worth

T

According to all the reviews, it does come with a standard, adult sized stock. I hunt with a T3 lite and when set up with identical glass and sling and weight of trigger pull, the T1X should provide some inexpensive practice. ~Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Moorlander said:

If you are really serious about .22LR go ANSCHUTZ 64 MPR .

MPR

Already have 2 Anschutz so going somewhere different this time. Plus the Anschutz is £1100 compared to £500

8 hours ago, ColinBR said:

Already have 2 Anschutz so going somewhere different this time. Plus the Anschutz is £1100 compared to £500

I had a 64MS model and sold it. It was accurate but not commensurate with the price tag. As to the delay, you might be right. I went into the city yesterday and stopped into the store I ordered the Tikka from. The gun department manager and I both had rifles on the same 'special order' sheet and he couldn't offer me any updates but said he would look into it.

I already bought a Tikka case, the accessory stock attachments, and ordered a new suppressor.:(~Andrew

53 minutes ago, Andrew said:

As to the delay, you might be right. I went into the city yesterday and stopped into the store I ordered the Tikka from. The gun department manager and I both had rifles on the same 'special order' sheet and he couldn't offer me any updates but said he would look into it.

I already bought a Tikka case, the accessory stock attachments, and ordered a new suppressor.:(~Andrew

Dont be taken in by what you read in shooting magazines or  on the net , its clever marketing by Beretta , hype up a new product and keep the punters waiting until they have a mass of orders to start production with.

That said I dont doubt it will be a good rifle but not any better than some already on the gun racks.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ColinBR said:

I’m sitting waiting in this coming out too. I’d like to know what’s up that’s taking so long

You and me both. And I had to pay delivery price in full a the time I ordered it! ~Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 10:56 AM, Dirksdonuts said:

Any updates on this one...

I paid for mine in full about 3 months ago. I am now getting impatient 

Regards

Well that’ll learn ya!

Take it from me, there’s no rush for anything, it will happen when it happens. Enjoy the summer, buy a motorbike or something and get another hobby/outlook

Things happen in their own good time ?

1 hour ago, bradders said:

Well that’ll learn ya!

take it from me, there’s no rush for anything, it will happen when it happens. Enjoy the summer, but a motorbike or something and get another hobby/outlook

things happen in their own good time ?

I had to pay for mine to get it ordered. I think just waiting for them to hit the shelves will have you waiting longer yet! The shop I ordered mine from (a Tikka dealer) said that the 10 rifles in each chambering they ordered are already sold and spoken for.

I really have no problem waiting -look at the NET: No on has them yet on either side of the pond. What really bugs me is the lack of wherewithal exhibited by the dealer when they don't call (Beretta USA in my case) and get an update to pass on to a customer that has already paid in full, and whose rifle is now 6 weeks over due. The last time I talked to the gun department manager about my Tikka (and his because they were on the same Special Order Form last December) all I got was a lame smile and a shrug. "I don't know..." 

That gets me a little miffed. I don't' expect him to knit aT1X for me out of cobwebs but a more informed answer would have been a bit more respectful -especially in light of the fact that the shop has had my money for six months. Once you've handed over the cash and the deadline has come and gone, it is no longer simple  'impatience" on the part of the anxious buyer. I don't think that some form of explanation is unreasonable and the dealer who can't provide it is not looking out for the interests of the customer.~Andrew

I think you'll be lucky to get one for June now, I think pre orders are approaching four figures, and the first tranche won't be anywhere near that. Probably a lottery who gets them. Plus just as many orders for the 17HMR version apparently

2 hours ago, Moorlander said:

Personally a £100 deposit would be the most I`d drop , the TX1 wont be that amazing that you should risk any more , An Anschutz MPR out classes it and I`d bet it`ll out shoot the TX1.

Jeez. Just had a look at the Anschutz MPR specs there. The thing is nearly double the weight of most other .22lr rifles barring the likes of their own target rifles which I have 1 of. 

Basically a 1 trick pony (benchrest)

Not quite sure what the marketing is meaning by MPR (multi purpose rifle)??

21 minutes ago, ColinBR said:

Jeez. Just had a look at the Anschutz MPR specs there. The thing is nearly double the weight of most other .22lr rifles barring the likes of their own target rifles which I have 1 of. 

Basically a 1 trick pony (benchrest)

Not quite sure what the marketing is meaning by MPR (multi purpose rifle)??

Shoot one then come back to me :)

Archived