• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dave thorniley said:

used a ace utra for over 6 years never had a problem with it I always after shooting spray it inside with wd40

Thanks

The distributor has said this corrosion is normal and won’t affect operation until it has corroded twice the diameter of the baffle hole!! I’m not happy with their after sales and would recommend buying ASE products as Their warranty isn’t worth the paper it wrote on ?

10 hours ago, Rangefinder said:

Thanks

The distributor has said this corrosion is normal and won’t affect operation until it has corroded twice the diameter of the baffle hole!! I’m not happy with their after sales and would recommend buying ASE products as Their warranty isn’t worth the paper it wrote on ?

Have you ever oiled the mod to prevent rust ?

In all the years I've sold Jet-z's, no one has ever returned one that has corroded away. With regular care, they will last for years.

As to Jackson rifles guarantee.....I've used it and so have customers in the past, without a problem whatsoever.

I rang them tuesday night enquiring about an "o" ring for a mod.

It was with me wednesday morning.

Yep, crap , that.

I have the mk1 ase ultra S5 in stainless.its built like a tank and seen lots of 1000s of shots and it' as new.the newer version is poor in comparison but much lighter.steel mods need looking after better.i have a jetz compact thing but I've not used it much and it' 3rd hand and in good nick.no idea on shot count though.

Another happy customer here, I've used Ase Utra Jet Z mod's for years, put thousands of rounds through them in all weathers. I've never had a problem with them. Not only that, I've dealt with Jackson's for warranty work (on a North Star Mod) and their service is second to none, one of the best.

• 2 weeks later...

My Northstar got absolutely no maintenance, it is built like a tank, and a friend still regularly shoots it, with an equally appalling lack of maintenance. Never an issue.

i have some ase utra jet z moderators and they are fine but are looked after.i have a friend who is a game keeper and his 7 year old jet z has holed badly,its on a 22-250 and has never been removed from the rifle!so lack of maintenance will ruin them.

Archived