NLRC F-Class Training Weekend: 27 and 28 January 2018

Eagernoskill

image.png.5653b3c11af273b27e81070632f47846.pngNLRC F-Class Training Weekend: 27 and 28 January 2018

The NLRC F-Class Section is presenting a 2 day refresher course for F-class shooters on 27 and 28 January 2018.  Following last year’s successful training weekend, the course is geared to introduce shooters of all levels into F-class by combining practical and theoretical knowledge.  Experienced international shooters will be presenting lectures, advising and coaching in both the FTR and OPEN sections F-class.

This is presented by the F-class section of the NLRC with the support of the NLRC committee. The NLRC has invested in comprehensive reloading room to support the endeavours of the F-Class shooter, and we are presenting the core skills and knowledge to shooters, that the bridge the skills from novice to club shooter.  Participants of 14 years or older are welcome to attend. The NLRC has an active Youth shooting programme.

This is NOT the GB F-Class Association course that Mik and co, have presented so successfully for many years, The GB F-class association course will be running at the end of Feb 2018. The GB association League is one of the best in the world in terms of organisation and quality and the gap can be very intimating for most shooters looking at joining our sport.

COURSE Content Day by Day

DAY 1: Saturday 27 Jan 2018

Morning 08:30 : Register, Welcome and Briefings
Day 1 will be indoors only – focussed on theory and knowledge.

MORNING Lecture: 09:00 to 12:30 (Indoors)
Part 1:  INTRO & F-CLASS RULES / PROCEDURES
Part 2: SHOOTING PROCESS / GEAR SETUP

AFTERNOON Lecture: 13:30 to 17:30(Indoors)
BALLISTIC INTRODUCTION & BASICS OF WIND READING
Range Walk is happening 16:00 to 16:30 (this is now confirmed by Range Office )

EVENING Lecture: 19:00 to 21:30 (Indoors)
Part 1 : BASIC OF PLOTTING
Part 2 : PRACTICAL PLOTTING EXERCISE

DAY 2 : SUNDAY 28 January 2018

MORNING 08:30 to 12:30 (On Range)
Wind reading & plotting practical – 1000 yards
ROUND COUNT: For the morning will be an estimated 40 rounds.

AFTERNOON: 13:30 to 17:30 (Indoors)
Practical demo and lecture: Reloading for F-class
Equipment, tips and guidance for taking your reloading to the next level.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COSTS: Costs will be £60 per participant. This includes course material and handouts. The NLRC will not be open for food, drinks and accommodation so we will utilise are facilities on camp.

PAYMENT & CONFIRMATION: This is very important. To facilitate proper booking and costings we will ONLY accept Bank transfers with a Reference Number. If you do not Pay and Confirm a payment via e-mail we will not be able to track and register the attendees properly. We have had to many people promise attendance in the past that do not commit and arrive resulting undue and unnecessary costs.
BANKING DETAILS ON THE ENTRY FORM

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES
The closing date for CONFIRMED payments is Wednesday 24th JAN 2018 at 22:00 cut off.
Entry form will be attached asap.

FOR MORE DETAILS MAIL: fclass@nlrc.org for more information

image.png

I can vouch for this course. Last year (2017) in February i participated in my first F class competition. The Comp was Stage 1 of GBFCA and took placed at 600 yards at Century.

I had been shooting with the NRA club (NRA Face targets) for over three years and considered myself quite capable of shooting accurately upto a 1000 yards.  However, not having any experience in F class, i  placed last on day 1. 

I was not a happy person that day as i did not understand wind reading or wind plotting or even shooting  to the level required to be able to compete effectively. 

Tim Stewart came up to me and graciously invited me to the NRLC  F class workshop as above. I learnt an incredible amount in  those three days and started applying everything in my practice and further competitions.   Tim shared all his knowledge freely and being a European champion it was all worth its weight in gold.

Everything paid off and i won a Silver medal in the 3/5/600 yards Phoenix Comp, Bronze in the GBFCA British Championships, a John Powell Shield in the BSRC Memorial day match and a couple of  stage medals. 

I would strongly recommend this course to anyone who wishes to enhance their skill set. It is also a great way to share ideas and knowledge for the mutual benefit of all participants.

Asad Wahid

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE on weather forecast
The weather for SAT and SUN is looking good.
No Rain and 10+ mph winds

We still have some slots available

So far we have +- 15 attendees

Archived