• 2 weeks later...

Worth a try , pull battery out and put back in after a short while as my kestrel went funny screen until months later i just tried a new battery and bingo !! May not work for you , :huh: but good if it did ...

• 2 months later...

Anything happened to your kestrel ?

Gave your trick a try but no change unfortunately.  Kestrel did get back to me as did the UK agent.  Kestrel themselves offered to buy it back at 10% of price so they could refurbish it to pass on to the military, the UK agent pointed out they had a black friday deal on.  I bought a weatherflow

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd update.

I've had the kestrel sat on my bench since the screen went and decided to have a look inside last night.

Please note, mine was out of warranty so I had nothing to lose.

Popped out the impeller and removed the 7 (1 central one under the sticker) allen screws, it looked like something had slipped from between the lcd and the circuit board, so put everything back how it looked like it should be and reassembled.

Put a battery in and it works as it should, hurrah

On 9/3/2018 at 7:45 AM, Akeld said:

Thought I'd update.

I've had the kestrel sat on my bench since the screen went and decided to have a look inside last night.

Please note, mine was out of warranty so I had nothing to lose.

Popped out the impeller and removed the 7 (1 central one under the sticker) allen screws, it looked like something had slipped from between the lcd and the circuit board, so put everything back how it looked like it should be and reassembled.

Put a battery in and it works as it should, hurrah

Great , however it does sound like their UK agent was taking the ***s.

Archived