Delta Stryker

topscots1

Don't think they're available yet.

Optics warehouse in the UK and Delta's home site in Poland have been showing them as "due in" for several months

Cheers

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2017 at 12:04 AM, David will said:

One came down the chimney a 5-50x56 I have yet to fit it to a rifle but must say that It looks like it will do the bizz. Very clear sight picture super fine ret and an iluminated centre dot that seems to be half the size of my Sightron S3.

Hi David 

Could you give us some more info on your new scope. 

What are the optics like. How does it compare to your sightron ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello palo.

I am still waiting for my Bergara BMP so have yet to fit it to a rifle.

The optical quality is first class , better than the Sightron which in itself is pretty good it is brighter than my Zeise, I am very pleased with the build quality and until I mount it to a rifle there is not much I can say realy.

I bought the scope as it ticked all the boxes for me and I must say I was a little disapointed with what Swaro,  Kales, and Zeise had to offer. I had a rather long trip to have a look at the V8 but was diapointed to find that it would only dial one rotation and the X5 only went up to 25x the Kales dialed in milrad so not for me and high mag IOR scopes are like hens teeth.

I will let you know how I get on when we are up and running.

• 1 month later...

I noticed the Delta Striker 4.5x30x56mm is Cheaper than the Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5x29x56mm on "Optics Trade " website. Richard Uttings says on his You tube reviews the Delta optical quality is better than the Cronus ,is judgements of lens quality always subjective ? I'm a Yank and over here the price between the two is Closer .

Its early days but its looking pretty good, its big, nicely made and finished, all the controls are smooth, good clicks, glass seems to be a bit better than my S3 Sightron maybe?

Great zero stop, lit ret if you need one!  TONS of adjustment , 338 friendly , got loads of eye relief, loads of useable mag , really whats not to like at under 1400 quid??

think the coin slots on the turrets is a bit crap, and its heavy so cant see it making the cut in FTR ? but for someone like me as a long range plinker its weight is a plus as it aids recoil reduction! 

I went for 1/8 clicks and MOA , but with hind sight MIL MIL may have been a better option ??

To sum up , a lot of scope for the money, 

Glass is subjective mate, i only see through my Mk1 eyes :lol:

Ive had loads of scopes over the years, Alpha and Beta ,  dont think any had rubbish glass,  

The stand out scope was a Premier Heritage , wished id kept that one !

Dialing is far more important, and at the price the Delta is very good value for money , 

• 1 month later...

Got mine yesterday and looks really good - very well made. I've not had a chance to use it as yet, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. The 1/8th MOA reticle with illume dot is simplicity itself, so it should be very good for its intended use (long range targets with a 6.5 CM)

OK I have had the Stryker out but just once, weather permitting I should be out again on Sunday.  The optical quality as I have said earlier is of a very high quality even at 50x the image was pin sharp and groups were clearly visible at 300 yards. Sunday is primarily  for load development but if time allows I intend testing the tracking and I will pass on my findings.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Delta Striker HD 4.5-30x56 with the LRD-1T retitled (FFP)mil/mil.

I used it for load Dev and practice, plus in a comp at the excellent Roundhouse Rifle challenge this weekend just gone. It held zero, tracked repeatably and the dialed corrections measured off reticle were accurate. The reticle at full mag is still reasonably fine for a FFP scope, though the flip side is that it's very fine at 4.5x. Only the very centre X of the reticle illuminates (personally, I like this).

Optically, it's about what I'd expect for the money (v good but not exceptional.) generous eyebox, no tunneling. It feels well made. Positive turret clicks. Space on elevation turret for your custom drops (but windage is lower profile, which I like, but no space).

A094_E097-_C9_E6-4_D07-_A538-685_D35_C38

Minor Gripes:

Non-locking turrets (so possible to turn by accident when sliding rifle in and out of eg: Eberlestock pack.)

Windage turret has no markings/indications for direction of adjustment when viewed from usual position behind rifle (there is an arrow on the flat of the turret)

Illumination dial easy to turn by accident when adjusting parallax.

Battery cover easy to unscrew by accident when adjusting brightness or parallax.

Cat-tail throwlever good length but needs (careful) threadlock to stop it loosening.

I'm pleased so far. Hopefully won't need the 10year warranty.