Bullet hole plotting app required

I am soon to perform my first ever Optimum Charge Weight test.

I'd like to be able to plot bullet holes on scaled targets, and calculate group centres accurately rather than just eyeball where I think the centre is. I've seen several posts here on UKV showing the kind of thing I'm after. Results should be like this:

On_Target_ballistic_calculator_shot_plot

I have a Windows 8.1 laptop and an iPad Pro 9.7"

Free is always good, but I'd be prepared to pay a modest sum for an ideal piece of software.

Suggestions, gents?

maximus otter

Right: I've downloaded the OnTarget free trial program and used it to input info on two A4 sheets of targets. Teddy has come flying out of the pram more than once, but I seem to have the hang of the basics now. I do, however, have one or two questions if anyone can help:

1. How do you save the images of your targets so that all of the info panels (the labels in white which show the group size, dispersion etc.) are visible as in my original post?

2. How do I save those images (see above) as .jpg files?

maximus otter

Right: I've downloaded the OnTarget free trial program and used it to input info on two A4 sheets of targets. Teddy has come flying out of the pram more than once, but I seem to have the hang of the basics now. I do, however, have one or two questions if anyone can help:

1. How do you save the images of your targets so that all of the info panels (the labels in white which show the group size, dispersion etc.) are visible as in my original post?

maximus otter

Is there an option saying save view as or something?

maximus otter

I suggest you contact Jeffrey Block - ontargetsoftware@msn.com he is very helpful. Regards JCS

No experience of OnTarget, but I suspect that ''print screen', followed by pasting into PowerPoint, then right click - save as, would do the trick.

As above and then edit the resulting picture or..

Click the windows key or your keyboard

Type snip into the search box

This should filter to an icon for the windows screen snipping tool

Hit the enter key

Windows snipping tool runs

Select the area of the screen you want to snap shot

The resulting selection can be saved as most types of picture file

No need,

Im sure there is an option saying print view as graphic or similar

Thats what I use

Been trying to work this out on the free version on and off today, and the option to save as only saves the image file and does not include the data panel.

There may be an option with the full version, which does have a free fifteen day trial license.

Archived