SAKO TRG question

Hobbit

Hi

I have read that the rail that runs on the underside of the Sako TRG22 fore end is an UIT rail which is the same as an Anschutz rail.

Is this true and by logical extension does this mean that Anschutz rail compatible accessories will fit it??

Thanks

There are indeed two sizes of rail, one is ever so slightly deeper / thicker. European manufactured rails take a Harris No 6 bipod fitting, American / other manufactured rails take a No6 A which is a knats chuff thicker.

Your Sako TRG will take a No6

Kind regards Bob.

Bob

thanks - very helpful - got this from opticswharehouse - showing the distinction that I think you are making

Regards

James

• Harris No6 Rail Adapter for European Rails 3/8 across Rail Slot eg Anschutz etc
  • Harris No6A Rail Adapter for American Style Rails 5/16a cross rail slot

Ha ha ha

not a harris bipod.....

I am thinking of having it rebarreled with a longer barrel and wondered if an FTR bipod would fitt

The AI and POF/AR15 proudly wear the phoenix bipod, now with new improved feet!

BTW - when I fitted the feet the i noticed some white stuff on the screws - is this a thread lock like loctite ??

Ha ha ha

not a harris bipod.....

I am thinking of having it rebarreled with a longer barrel and wondered if an FTR bipod would fitt

The AI and POF/AR15 proudly wear the phoenix bipod, now with new improved feet!

BTW - when I fitted the feet the i noticed some white stuff on the screws - is this a thread lock like loctite ??

How are you finding the alternative feet ?

Yes - its a fairly mild thread lock.

Archived