.17 Rem Fireball

Bad Wolf

Hi,

I've put in a variation for a .17 Rem Fireball and am having difficulty sourcing brass. As I'm new to reloading I'm not confident enough to buy .221 brass and attempt to re-form. :D

I don't think it's possible to get any from USA due to their export restrictions. :D

Any suggestions ?

Midway UK do list the cases but, unfortunately, are out of stock. Reloading solutions will require a phone call as their website is under construction. :D

I have been in the same boat for last couple of months and cannot get it from any source in UK. It is in such short supply in US that when it becomes available, they buy it by the thousands and stock pile it. The effect is that even if Midway UK list it, it is out of stock in US before they can get an order through. I spoke to Reloading solutions a couple of months ago and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about, they kept on about 17Rem and then never got back to me.

I have recently acquired some 221 brass and a nice dealer has formed it for me for very little money. I feel this may be your only route other than buying factory loads at approx £32 for 20. This way you will have some brass to play with.

If you go the 221 route, cases will come up approx 20thou short of trim length but there is still plenty to seat the bullet. Checked this with Redding and they confirmed.

Let me know how you get on and if I come across anything, I will PM you.

Deerless

THEY ARE LISTED AS IN STOCK SO HAVE TAKEN PLUNGE AND ORDERED SOME, WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS THIS TIME.

DEERLESS

Just checked, you are right ! :lol:

Boxes of 20 and 100 now available ! :)

EDIT: One hour later, boxes of 100 already out of stock !

This looks a very interesting caliber, keep us informed on how you get on.

Cheers

Dave

Waiting for midway to get back to me re the order I placed. I feel it will be the usual case of Yanks buying up everything as soon as it became available

Fired some factory rounds at weekend and they were so bad that I didn't bother with the second box, I simply pulled them after taking measurements.

They were 81 Thou short in my rifle which was chambered using reamer from pacific tool. The heads were very tight to pull and had deep crimping grooves when removed, so not surprising they were so bad. Off now to load up using H322 and some fine 25Grn Bergers in the 40 factory cases I now have.

Deerless

Archived