A big thanks to the boys at Diggle on Sun 2 April

Si-Snipe

I just wanted to say a big thanks to the guys at Diggle yesterday for the support and help they gave both myself and Alan Maughan during our first target shooting competition.. People such as Vince Bottomley, Bruce Lenton, Darrel Evans (and his mate Steve) and Mal Roberts just to name a few.

Also I'd like to congratulate Alan on breaking 2 British heavy gun records.

New UK 1000y BR 'small group' stands at 2.778"

New UK 1000y BR aggregate (4x 5 shot groups) is 5.507"

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Regards and thanks,

Simon Mearns

I just wanted to say a big thanks to the guys at Diggle yesterday for the support and help they gave both myself and Alan Maughan during our first target shooting competition.. People such as Vince Bottomley, Bruce Lenton, Darrel Evans (and his mate Steve) and Mal Roberts just to name a few.

Also I'd like to congratulate Alan on breaking 2 British heavy gun records.

New UK 1000y BR 'small group' stands at 2.778"

New UK 1000y BR aggregate (4x 5 shot groups) is 5.507"

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Regards and thanks,

Simon Mearns

nice to finally meet up Si and congratulations on your win in light gun class,

Al them hours of load development certainly paid of my mate and to do it off sand bags as well, outstanding mate,

You could not of wished for better weather than we had yesterday, I must say not seen at the Diggle very often.

Also fantastic shooting by Big Al shooting two record groups on his first ever 1000yrd competition.

We could not of wished for a better day.

Speak soon,

Darrel

Yes - nice to see a bunch of new faces on the 1000 yard point yesterday, in almost perfect (Diggle) weather conditions.

Great shooting from Simon (Si-Snipe) and outstanding shooting from Alan (Big Al) - 2.778 inch 5-shot group from an Accuracy International in 6.5x47......!!!

It was a fun day guys, thanks to everyone who make it possible, its clear that days like this take a lot of organising to make them happen and I would say to anyone who fancies a go to get themselves along, they dont bite!

Thanks to Vince, Bruce and Tony for the warm welcome and to all the other guys who were friendly and a good laugh. Thanks especially to my mentor Darrel Evans for showing me the ropes and keeping me relatively honest! ;)

It was very satisfying to have this success with a rifle I built, the certificates and record breaking target are already taking pride of place in the workshop :)

post-13063-0-13456900-1491238577_thumb.jpg

post-13063-0-86334200-1491238602_thumb.jpg

Hi Alan, glad you enjoyed your visit to Diggle, and that you managed to get the UK heavy gun smallest group record and also the smallest aggregate record on your first visit.

Now, do I need a 6.5 x 47??????????? :D

Yes Les, you really need one for sure.

Im now working on an appointment arrangement based on the order of enquiry - I should be able to fit you in around September 2019, unless of course you slip in the back door with some chocolate Hobnobs ;)

Yes Les, you really need one for sure.

Im now working on an appointment arrangement based on the order of enquiry - I should be able to fit you in around September 2019, unless of course you slip in the back door with some chocolate Hobnobs ;)

Hi Alan, hobnobs at the ready matey. But I have decided that I want the following .17 Incinerator round and not the 6.5x47 poncey round, so can you do one for me asap to ensure that I will be the victor at 1000yds?

I would like a 1 in 3" twist with 5R rifling.

Cheers, Les

post-11148-0-33927900-1491244781.jpg

Hi Alan, hobnobs at the ready matey. But I have decided that I want the following .17 Incinerator round and not the 6.5x47 poncey round, so can you do one for me asap to ensure that I will be the victor at 1000yds?

I would like a 1 in 3" twist with 5R rifling.

Cheers, Les

Got just the very reamer in my drawer ;)

Still chuckling about how your gun recoils, I think a visit onto the Church roof tonight might be in order :)

Got just the very reamer in my drawer ;)

Still chuckling about how your gun recoils, I think a visit onto the Church roof tonight might be in order :)

I think that the 6BR recoiled about 1/2 inch at the most Alan. Might get my .284 barrel on it at somepoint this year to see if I can get it to recoil about 1 inch.

Simon

Well done on the shooting. Hope to see you and big Al at the next one.

Mal.

Hi Mal. I didn't know you were on here. Great to spend the morning with you in the butts. Thanks for all the help and good company.

I'll look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards

Si

Simon

Well done on the shooting. Hope to see you and big Al at the next one.

Mal.

Hi Mal. I didn't know you were on here. Great to spend the morning with you in the butts. Thanks for all the help and good company.

I'll look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards

Si

It was a fun day guys, thanks to everyone who make it possible, its clear that days like this take a lot of organising to make them happen and I would say to anyone who fancies a go to get themselves along, they dont bite!

Thanks to Vince, Bruce and Tony for the warm welcome and to all the other guys who were friendly and a good laugh. Thanks especially to my mentor Darrel Evans for showing me the ropes and keeping me relatively honest! ;)

It was very satisfying to have this success with a rifle I built, the certificates and record breaking target are already taking pride of place in the workshop :)

attachicon.gifIMG_1438.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1435.jpg

Beautiful!!

Archived