nosler ct b/tips

nuttyspaniel

hi

i shot them for quit some time, and very good they was 2.

if you are using them for deer, and you are shooting at normal range, keep them down to 3000 FPS or less. this will stop meat damage, i shot mine at 3075 and have shot everything from muntjac to sika stag and had no problems at all. the only problem i had with them was the lublox coating on them. i had to put 5 or 6 shots through my barrel after i had cleaned the barrel to get it to shoot. after that it shot 1/2" @ 100y all day long,

the rifle was a 270 wsm tikka T3 and is still shooting as good today.

ATB

Colin :D

Hello Nutty i tryed them in the 25/06 115g in either 47.7g N160 or 54.5 RE22 & fed M prim but im going back to cci primmer's.The best load was that of RE22 a very good round just not sure of the moly coat as i use other bullet's in this cal or i would just use these head's.

Hello Nutty i tryed them in the 25/06 115g in either 47.7g N160 or 54.5 RE22 & fed M prim but im going back to cci primmer's.The best load was that of RE22 a very good round just not sure of the moly coat as i use other bullet's in this cal or i would just use these head's.

hi v-max

the coating on the combine technology's ballistic silver tips is not moly, it is lublox and comes out your barrel with normal cleaning. moly is gray in colour lublox is black.

ATB

Guest Smeagle

I use them all the time and with good results in the .300 wsm, its a bit fast for them, but they stil hold good retention and like Col says the Lublox coating cleans out normally.

Hello & cheer's colin i know it was lublox but thought it was a there form of moly which it is but by the sound's not so bad.Look's like i could be going to stick with them for my heavyer round as i had great time's on the hill at the deer with them.

Hello & cheer's colin i know it was lublox but thought it was a there form of moly which it is but by the sound's not so bad.Look's like i could be going to stick with them for my heavyer round as i had great time's on the hill at the deer with them.

hi v-max

how did you get on with them on the hill ?? and what speed did you run them at???

i found them very good, but had to keep the speed down, as i was only using them at relatively short range. but i found them very accurate.

the reason i stopped using them was 1 supply. 2 after every time i cleaned my rifle it took 5 or 6 shots to get it to shoot. the first shot went high then progressively got lower and lower till it dropped back on to zero. then it would put all of the shots there.

ATB

They were great on the deer roe/red shot flat never botherd in the wind & accurate.Dont know how fast but i would say 2700/2900fps going by data RE22 54.5g 2900fps.I also had Speer TNT 87g 52.2g N160 & shot in the same hole's so i had 2 load's light & heavy.I zero on the top edge of an 1" circle say zero 150yrd & was only droping 2"-4" at 250yrd & thought good for 115g bullet not loaded to hot etc.

Archived