Autotrickler Group Buy

Evening all, Ive checked before posting but seeing if anyone is interested

After seeing John MH's autotrickler Ive contacted Adam (the maker) and he will do a discount for 5 or more.

Thatll save on the shipping also so I reckon perhaps roughly 15% saving each.

It will be for the FX120i model ideally

Anyone interested?

http://www.autotrickler.com/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i looked in to getting these and gave up after seeing the initial cost of the scales you need with it

You won't find a better scale for the money Mark, and possible you won't better it by paying twice the price. The A&D FX 120i is undoubtedly one of the best purchases I have made for reloading and makes the Gem-pro that I had been previously using look positively third rate.

I agree that if you buy both the scale and the trickler together it's quite a hefty price tag, but if you want quick and accurate powder charges thrown and you're a serious reloader then it's worth the outlay. I bought my A&D FX from Cambridgeshire Science in Canada a few years ago and paid £400.

I've got the scales so the autotrickler is the logical way to go.

Been in communication with him and he seems sound and will stick by his product.

Not many takers so might be a single order

It's still early days and just after Christmas so funds may be hard to find. If you can hold off a month you may see more interest.

I must admit I am tempted. Anything to speed up accurate reloading is welcome.

Early days (hours).

I have an FZ120i, cost a pretty penny but it's the closest thing you'll get to a Prometheus without getting a Prometheus.

Interesting to note John - at the heart of the Prometheus (at £3,000?) is just a humble beam scale. :)

It's still early days and just after Christmas so funds may be hard to find. If you can hold off a month you may see more interest.

I must admit I am tempted. Anything to speed up accurate reloading is welcome.

Let me know Dave mate. Obv anyone local can save some postage

I have been using one of these for years with a calibrated Hornady beam scale fitted with a web cam and connected to a lap top to display the beam moving as the kernels of powder are dribbled in it stops on the exact powder charge every time. Its so accurate its scary.

Obviously its a Target master powder trickler.

So why would you guys want to spent that kind of crazy money on this product. Just to put it into perspective I have at least four of each of the scales you are discussing in my lab and could probably find a couple of dozen of each scattered around the lab area. So the scale would be free in my case but I would still go for the Target master.

I don't suppose it works with the FZ-200i?

Check the link in the OP: "Includes new V2 trickler (see details below). Price in USD. Supports A&D FX (and FZ) 120i / 200i / 300i. Also compatible with A&D HR-100A and 700CT.".

Check the link in the OP: "Includes new V2 trickler (see details below). Price in USD. Supports A&D FX (and FZ) 120i / 200i / 300i. Also compatible with A&D HR-100A and 700CT.".

Cheers! I completely missed the link :D

I have been using one of these for years with a calibrated Hornady beam scale fitted with a web cam and connected to a lap top to display the beam moving as the kernels of powder are dribbled in it stops on the exact powder charge every time. Its so accurate its scary.

Obviously its a Target master powder trickler.

So why would you guys want to spent that kind of crazy money on this product. Just to put it into perspective I have at least four of each of the scales you are discussing in my lab and could probably find a couple of dozen of each scattered around the lab area. So the scale would be free in my case but I would still go for the Target master.

If you have a beam scale get a Targetmaster. If you have a A&D FX120i then get one of these as a Targetmaster will not work automatically with an electronic scale.

If you have the exact A&D model scale in your lab why not try one rather than knock it.

Having had both systems I now use the A&D scale and Autotrickler. If I only had a beam scale I'd have stuck with an photoelectric system that the Targetmaster uses and a camera. I my opinion for volume work the A&D scale and Autotrickler requires less concentration to load 300 to 400 rounds than the Targetmaster and tuned beam scale. The results over the chronograph have also been excellent, 50 rounds with a SD of less than 5 FPS.

Very nice ,very very nice this is a tool that is part of an immaculate build,,,,,if any other part,,and I mean any other part is less than perfection then,,,why would you want this????

One more thing to eliminate from the equation. If the weight of powder is exactly the same every time (to within +/- 0.001 g) then you have reduced the tolerance on that to as much as is reasonably possible.

If you want to sort bullets or cases by weight (something I do not do but is done by others) see how long it will take you on a beam scale.

Archived