75 Gr V-Max , .243

jc43

Hi all , can anyone recommend a load for 75 Gr V-Max ,in .243, I normally use 60 Gr HP Sierra's with BLC2 powder, for foxes ,crows, I keep reading how good the V-Max's are I thought I should give them a go, JC.

hi my rem 700 vls .243 likes all the v-max, bullets 58 -65 - 75 - 87 -. for the 75gr i use h4350 , 47.5gr ,fed 210m , lapua brass. seat the 75gr v-max 10 thou off the lands. this load gives me 3500 fps and sub .5 groups. hot load but safe in my rifle. start with 44gr and work up in .5 .this should start you off at about 3000 fps.

Hi all.

According to my VIHTAVOURI info. the max charge for the 75gr. bullet with N140 powder is 40.9gr, and they suggest starting loads 10-15% less.

I always load 40.5gr for my SAKO Varminter which has a 1 in 10 twist. I also use FED.210 Match primers in Norma brass.

Case OAL length of my loaded bullet is 2.585 inches. Over the chrono. they are doing about 3300 fps.

Below is a pic. of 5 shots fired yesterday at 100 yards out of my car window between showers.

One got away, but being 74 and allegedly a geriatric old fart I will not complain.

P1010054.jpg

Funnily enough I was thinking about loading some 70grn nosler b/tips to feed my Sako today. I will use vectan tu7000 to push them as my sst's are pushed by this powder. But as my 222 egdes closer I will also have h322 to use aswell hopefully 1 of the powders will do the job!!

Heres another 1 for 6mmbr if you like, it would be interesting to see what compres better!

70grn nosler b/tip

vectan tu7000 and H322

remmy 91/2 mag primer

prvi brass

22" barrel

As a matter of interest Nutty why did you buy a .222 when you have a .243 which will do everything better than a .222, also with your .308 you had a pair of rifles suitable for shooting anything on this Island and even Moose in Scandinavia or Plains Game in Africa ?

When I had chance of my SAKO .243 Varminter my trusty Tikka Continental HB .22/250 was given to a friend.

As a matter of interest Nutty why did you buy a .222 when you have a .243 which will do everything better than a .222, also with your .308 you had a pair of rifles suitable for shooting anything on this Island and even Moose in Scandinavia or Plains Game in Africa ?

When I had chance of my SAKO .243 Varminter my trusty Tikka Continental HB .22/250 was given to a friend.

In all honestly I did prefer the 308 but the ground that I have the 308 would have been wasted! I wanted a rifle for crow/bunny bashing and over the last few months I flirted with a few different calibres. There are a few red on my ground but if I manage 1 or 2 a year I will be doing good. But there are more Roe so my thinking here was a 222 which is Roe legal up here would be a tad more versitle if the situation arose where I was out doing crows and a roe came along! Now the 243 would as you say fit the bill and do the job but I wanted a "fun" rifle where I didnt grudge shooting a crow with a more expensive round. Also the 308 had to go to allow space, it was a simple decision sako or midland! I dont plan to shoot moose or go on a big hunt so the 243 lent itself better to my cabinet.

I am using the info from a program called "Load from a disc" I use this load in my CZ, it has a standard barrel and there are no signs of stress.........Not in the cases anyway, I myself, well that's another matter I need to get my truck back on the road as I am suffering withdrawal symptoms :blink:

Archived