spiral fluting a sako bolt

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think i will deal with pt&g as they are not as aggressive !!

please do,as i'm afraid i would not get one done for you anyway :D , all so i have all ways found Dave kiff easy to talk to. don't forget your import/export papers.

but thanks for looking

ATB

Colin :lol:

hi onehole

it is purely aesthetics on a factory bolt as they are made to bigger tolerances.

on a custom rifle (mostly bench rest ) the tolerances are far far tighter, and the flutes are supposed to catch any that which promotes growth and vigour that is trying to get in to your action and stop it from working, the crap is supposed to go in to the flutes in stead of jamming your bolt to the action.

actions and bolts like a nesika have fluted bolts as they have got a Bordon bump.

ATB

Colin :D

Thanks col,just as I thought.cheers,onehole.

Guest deer308
Received my Sako bolt today, 7 days door to door service and a great looking job too. Thanks Col.

BTW, it runs slick in the action :D

ATB

i see that these people are recieving all these custom bolts jobs , but how are you posting them as they are a section 1 component parts ????

i see that these people are recieving all these custom bolts jobs , but how are you posting them as they are a section 1 component parts ????

Chris

as i suspected you are just trying to stop me from doing the people on here a good cheap service,and you never had any intentions of haveing a bolt done.

for your info i have sent all bolts to RFDs, not that it is any business of yours at all. so please don't try to discredit me, are you going to do bolts, if so put a price up and don't try to go in the back door as it matter not to me if i never do another bolt,i was just bringing a cheap service to the people of this board.

please feel free to contact the people of this board to see how i have sent the bolts, and you will find that when the police gave me an RFD they all so explained the rules,that i stick to implicitly :D

ATB

Colin :lol:

i think i will deal with pt&g as they are not as aggressive !!

Yeash maybe thats so but they dont turn round in 7 days. Its a 2 month waiting time at the moment.

Ads

hi adds

if you are having a bolt done by PT&G then get them to flute it for you,they only charge $35 for it and that is cheap

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/product...ngton.htm#bolts

ATB

Colin

Colin,

unfortunatly i didnt go direct to PTG as there wait time is too long for my needs. I went to midway and got it in a week but they dont do the fluted bolt. Just standard ones. :blush:

Ads

If this is the case both PTG and midway UK are both breaking laws as they both send out direct to you via royal mail recorded. A bolt doesnt need to go to an RFD.

Ads :blush:

Colin,

unfortunatly i didnt go direct to PTG as there wait time is too long for my needs. I went to midway and got it in a week but they dont do the fluted bolt. Just standard ones. :blush:

Ads

hi ads

just send the bolt down and i will have a look at her. but i can not see a problem with it at all.

ATB

Colin ;)

hi ads

just send the bolt down and i will have a look at her. but i can not see a problem with it at all.

ATB

Colin :blush:

Cheers col,

Ill wait just now and get the rifle back. Then when i am due to go away to work ill send it down. If thats OK.

Ads

hi kip

what do you think of this???

P1010214.jpg

P1010213.jpg

dasherman kindly pulled out all the stops and got it finished for you. and i think it looks stunning.

the bolt will be sent Monday to the RFD you kindly supplied me with, (and a copy of it is on file Chris)

hope you like it

ATB

Guest deer308
Chris

as i suspected you are just trying to stop me from doing the people on here a good cheap service,and you never had any intentions of haveing a bolt done.

for your info i have sent all bolts to RFDs, not that it is any business of yours at all. so please don't try to discredit me, are you going to do bolts, if so put a price up and don't try to go in the back door as it matter not to me if i never do another bolt,i was just bringing a cheap service to the people of this board.

please feel free to contact the people of this board to see how i have sent the bolts, and you will find that when the police gave me an RFD they all so explained the rules,that i stick to implicitly :D

ATB

Colin :D

colin dont think for one minute that i would try to stop any dealer ? doing a cheap service for board members why would i , some times colin i cannot see where you are coming from because all that i asked was how much for the spiral on bolt not a slanging match .

so just relax and enjoy the sport and business.

regards to all who was reading this section

colin dont think for one minute that i would try to stop any dealer ? doing a cheap service for board members why would i , some times colin i cannot see where you are coming from because all that i asked was how much for the spiral on bolt not a slanging match .

so just relax and enjoy the sport and business.

regards to all who was reading this section

hi Chris

the price is on the post at least 3 times, they are £60. and due to your post on PFS where someone had put me a good write up on there, and you told everyone to go else where i guessed you where up to no good.

seems I'm a good judge of character

now i have no wish to fall out with anyone on here, but please do not accuse me of doing things illegal, if you think i'm doing something wrong then please PM me,or better still call me,after all you are an RFD and i don't ask you how you are conducting your affairs.

ATB

Guest deer308
hi Chris

the price is on the post at least 3 times, they are £60. and due to your post on PFS where someone had put me a good write up on there, and you told everyone to go else where i guessed you where up to no good.

seems I'm a good judge of character

now i have no wish to fall out with anyone on here, but please do not accuse me of doing things illegal, if you think i'm doing something wrong then please PM me,or better still call me,after all you are an RFD and i don't ask you how you are conducting your affairs.

ATB

colin i left this thread a while ago but if you wish to pursue this a little further legally by saying that i am accusing you of things against the home office guide lines please put it in writing and i will pass over to the the authorities .

hi kip

what do you think of this???

P1010214.jpg

P1010213.jpg

dasherman kindly pulled out all the stops and got it finished for you. and i think it looks stunning.

the bolt will be sent Monday to the RFD you kindly supplied me with, (and a copy of it is on file Chris)

hope you like it

ATB

Sorry to say this Col but i don't like it....

I LOVE IT ;););):D

• 2 weeks later...
That looks the dogs dangly bits Col

now how much are they

I didnt quite notice in the other 4 odd posts :):lol:

col any chance of some piccies with these bolts in the actions please so i can see what they look like

thanks mark

ps the fluting on my bolt is awesome mate thanks

Thats a beautiful job...the fluting, and the badger knob. £60 is peanuts for fluting like that. More power to that man,s miller.

Pretty guns, are like pretty women.......they give me a hard on. :)

Thats a beautiful job...the fluting, and the badger knob. £60 is peanuts for fluting like that. More power to that man,s miller.

Pretty guns, are like pretty women.......they give me a hard on. :lol:

You ought to see it in the flesh :lol:;):D As soon as i get chance to get out and take some pics i'll post them. I did take some indoors but they were rubbish :)

You ought to see it in the flesh :lol:;):D As soon as i get chance to get out and take some pics i'll post them. I did take some indoors but they were rubbish :)

cant wait tbh please hurry i have a semi at the moment

• 3 weeks later...
You ought to see it in the flesh :lol:;);) As soon as i get chance to get out and take some pics i'll post them. I did take some indoors but they were rubbish :)

Did you get chance to take any pics Kip?

I'm keen to see how that Badger knob looks on a 75.

TC

Archived