Great Night Nailing 11 Foxes.

22cf

Ian -calm down lifes too short-have you been to Diggle lateley?

Ben rant accepted as constructive critisism i have 3 mates who are full time keepers i shoot with all of them so know the score there.

good topic this ;)

Haha. To be clear, I do a couple of days on several driven pheasant shoots, I pick up with my dog when I'm not a gun, I manage pests and varmints on several farms and estates, I stalk regularly and I compete in long range and precision target comps. I'm by no means criticising the OP. 11 foxes in one night is a good bit of work. I guess some people just have a different outlook on certain things.. spice of life and all that.

Perhaps the confusing issue of sexual procreation might be set aside,as it is not sustainable as a parallel to killing animals-sex is extremely popular,in all cultures,shooting is not.

It's also not completely transparent that in earlier centuries the Popes who procreated did so with explicit enjoyment,though it would seem to be a breach of celibacy.

Doesn't a truly liberated man,enjoy sex as much as the next liberated WOman?

"Foxy Ladies" notwithstanding-or indeed in any position- it's all a different topic,far removed from the OP (I hope!)

It would be morally OK if you enjoyed the Quigley shoot,as a celebration of remakable marksmanship.I cannot envisage that (m)any here would have any truck with Quigley's employer's view of exercising this in the name of ' human varminting'. Moral judgements need to take into account why someone does what they do-and seeking selfish,personal reward is pretty low on the scale.....

..which was once expounded superbly by the late King George in his outstanding views on (game) shooting-"the wildlife of today is not ours to dispose of as we will-we must account for it to those who come after ". Of course,he meant the absence of some specie, due to ' game shooting practices'...and many gamekeepers do include a conservationist aspect to meeting their employers wishes,though many employers also have some enlightenment too. It also has considerable pragmatic and 'political' benefits -"PC" if you must,something the " I don't care,I do what I enjoy,and be damned" minority might ponder a little-being themselves the likliest to be 'damned!"

OK,it's complex..so respect that - Black/white has never been the answer (nor has "50 Shades of Grey " but I've already argued to keep that domain out of this thread.) :-)

gbal

gbal although I seldom can agree with some of your posts your all ways worth a second read.

Those that hate what we do wether its with rifle or hound will always be of the mind set that they are rite and we are wrong, re clay pigeons or clay targets or wild bird shoot as apposed to reared bird shoot ect.

11 in one night is good going by any ones standards.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps the confusing issue of sexual procreation might be set aside,as it is not sustainable as a parallel to killing animals-sex is extremely popular,in all cultures,shooting is not.
It's also not completely transparent that in earlier centuries the Popes who procreated did so with explicit enjoyment,though it would seem to be a breach of celibacy.
Doesn't a truly liberated man,enjoy sex as much as the next liberated WOman?
"Foxy Ladies" notwithstanding-or indeed in any position- it's all a different topic,far removed from the OP (I hope!)

If you can nail 21 or even 11 in a night , then you have my respect :wub:

Archived