New 1000 yard 10-shot group record - 2.856 inches!

The Gun Pimp

Drove to bisley today.had to try out the 6.5x47 at 1000yds.it zeroed nicely with the brass i had a palava with with the faulty die's.it was blowing and easing.start the comp.4 siters couldn't of been much better.my hand would of easily covered them.the other 20 shots not so go.great elevations but the wind unjudgeable.1 shot on 3 just off.4 on then next detail 4 on the edge

Aim opposite edge and it would go where you aimed.uaed 40gr h4350 amax load on both goes.i thought I would try the RS 60 load.they were stunningly accurate.they were made from new undamaged brass.i was well pleased with the 47.

300yds mcqueens was a mare.my worst ever effort.i did try 2 different untested loads.the zeroed superbly.i did 4 cof's and all were poo.i shot small groups but the wind was moving them alot.i put 9 out the 10 shots in the batton that the target is held up with.i hadn't got off the m3 on the way home and I started blinking.tired eyes and n1hr 45 mins left to go.i shut my eyes a couple of times and found myself having to correct the line.i stopped 3 times to splash water in my eyes.this is why I hate doing long drives.i can't see myself driving there again

Archived