I have had one of these for several months now, and can anneal cases both reliably and quickly (about 8 x 308 cases per minute; I also have a 223 disc). It is a very solid unit due to the use of thick stainless steel sheet. I have already annealed over a 1000 cases with it and still have over half the gas cylinder remaining.

I use a GoSystems Fine Flame Power Torch with 400ml Rothenberger propane cylinders (no need to use MAPP), my wife shoots FTR too and was happy to sacrifice a couple of baking trays to let the cases fall down onto. You do need a fine flame torch, and not a general purpose or swirl flame torch.

http://www.go-system.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/258/category/22/

Use a couple of spare cases to get the timing sorted each time; the case needs to move out of the flame just before the flame changes colour to orange. You can initially use 750F Tempilaq on the inside of a few necks if necessary, just to check. This ensures that the neck gets to 750F to anneal it, but the area just below the shoulder does not get above 450F. I now anneal my Lapua 308 Palma cases every time, because it is so easy.

I bought mine from Lubo, and it arrived (from the EU, Bulgaria if I remember correctly) in the timescale that he promised, and he kept me informed every step of the way. Very nice guy to deal with and if I lost mine, I would buy another.

If you have any questions about using it, or need any more info about owning/using one, just send me a PM.

Paul

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Another happy, non UKV customer. I set up Mike's for him today Lubo, and he's over the moon.

Mine arrived today exactly within the time scales quoted and first impressions was a quality piece of equipment. Set up was easy, even for a techno-neep like me. I'll need to get some tempilaq just to assure myself I'm hitting the right temperature at the neck but the cases I did try all had that bonny dull sheen at the neck and shoulder akin to factory lapua. Am i pleased with my purchase, oh yes, would I recommenf, definately.

• 4 weeks later...

I used some small bore hose from a gas barbeque fitting that we had in the garage,

works fine, but when you turn the gas of at the end of the session it takes a wee bit of time to run out due to the pressuered tube.

sorry I don't have a better picture of it

bob.

post-12527-0-09763000-1478105768_thumb.jpg

I was looking to do something similar Bob so thanks for that tip. I'd prefer to use the proper fittings if I can find them though.

you are welcome,

i would love to have top spec hose to see what the difference would be, but the machine works perfectly

bob

Crossed wires Bob....nowt wrong with what you've done but it was the fittings you've used that I need to source. I have the same pipe which I can use, but the CGA600 fittings or ready made hose connector is what I'm looking for (hence the comment) and haven't found any locally yet.

Crossed wires Bob....nowt wrong with what you've done but it was the fittings you've used that I need to source. I have the same pipe which I can use, but the CGA600 fittings or ready made hose connector is what I'm looking for (hence the comment) and haven't found any locally yet.

this is what i have used,

gosystems fine flame nozzle, £19 from B and Q, cut it, ruffed up the outside of the brass pipe, then sone sealer then the hose and pipe, all in all it took me about 20 minutes to do and the results are fine,

regards

bob.

post-12527-0-31437800-1478470302_thumb.jpg

Received mine today. The couriers must have played football with it because is was kicked about and one end had buckled but easily enough sorted out.

Once set up, it worked perfectly.

I used a Go systems fine flame nozzle as above with some Propane (400g cannister). Really, it wants the canister vertically mounted and a hose connecting it. Makes the faffing about to get the torch aligned properly a bit easier and the canister instructions were to keep it upright during use.

Once set up, it anneals quicker than you could with a cordless drill and more consistently. I was getting timings of about 3.6 to 3.8 seconds for 223 and about 4 seconds with .308. The propane heat does shorten time in the flame. Any more than 4.4 seconds with 308 or more than 4 seconds with 223 turned the flame orange. I didn't use Tempilaq, just wrote a case or two off finding the point at which the flame just started to burn orange and backed off the timings. Much cheaper than a bottle of tempilaq!

Thanks Lubo. Good product at a sensible price....just a bit more extensive packaging would have been welcomed.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone getting a machine made that'd be willing to include an extra disc in their package from Lubo for me and forward it on?

Costs covered, naturally.....

Please drop me a PM if so....