Starting in F-class

Dunc

A number of us in my club would like to try F-class.

Someone recently mentioned to me a very good course held annually around January but the only one that I can see anywhere was held last Feb.

Can anyone please point me to an introductory course please? We are all experienced shots with suitable rifles, but not F-class experienced. I would like something if possible well before next Jan :)

Thanks in advance.

If you look on the GB F Class website they run a course in February for F Class shooting. I think that they run one every year so it would be worth contacting them to see when the next course will be.

Regards

If this had been a month ago I would gladly have spared a morning or longer with you at Bisley. Only last week I was helping a group of five with wind reading and plotting.

I don't think I would be able to help out until probably October now! But I'm sure someone else will step in?

When you say suitable rifles, can you elaborate? A true competitive f class rifle will hold 1/4 MOA elevation at 600 yards and 1/2 MOA at 1000, I'm not saying you will need that accuracy for what you want to do at this point in time, but your rifle will need to be able to hold one MOA.

Even if you do get some help before Feb I would still urge you to attend the GB F class training weekend.

If this had been a month ago I would gladly have spared a morning or longer with you at Bisley. Only last week I was helping a group of five with wind reading and plotting.

I don't think I would be able to help out until probably October now! But I'm sure someone else will step in?

When you say suitable rifles, can you elaborate? A true competitive f class rifle will hold 1/4 MOA elevation at 600 yards and 1/2 MOA at 1000, I'm not saying you will need that accuracy for what you want to do at this point in time, but your rifle will need to be able to hold one MOA.

Even if you do get some help before Feb I would still urge you to attend the GB F class training weekend.

And what a great help Ian was. Thanks for a very good morning it made us all think about our shooting.

OP If it how to score and the basics I'm up there most Fridays I'd be happy to help

OP If it how to score and the basics I'm up there most Fridays I'd be happy to help

Thanks for this. I'm away now hols and work travelling for most of the summer but may well give you a shout when life gets back to 'normal'. Thanks again for the offer. :)

Archived