6Br deer stalking

Hi guys ,

Does any body use a 6mm Br as a deer stalking caliber , I already use this caliber for Benchrest with good results, got a spare slot on my ticket for another 6 BR so I was thinking about a light weight stalking rifle to use on mainly Fallow , roe and muntjac,any thoughts on barrel length max distance on my permission is approx 200 yards, I was thinking about a 1in 8 twist .

Thanks for your time

Steve.

My 1/8 twist shot the 87gr vmax at 3100 fps out a 22 inch barrel, it had taken fallow, roe and muntjac with no problems ?

The guy I sold it to was a stalker in Scotland and he's loving it ?

I converted my BRNO ZKK .243 into 6br , i rebarrelled it using a 1 in 8 bbl and it shoots 105s perfectly , excellent on roe and foxes , I put it in a Boyds stock ordered just before they stopped sending them direct.

been using my tikka 595 with a 24" barrel 1/9 with no issues,

great calibre and been used on munty roe and a couple of fallow, a few fox's to boot,

regards

Bob.

• 8 months later...

Using a Blaser in 6Br for roe and muntjac and use it for foxes with a 65 grain vmax. This gun will shoot any thing from 55 grain bullets to 105 grain bullets. I love it for roe.

hi mate what load and powder are you using behind your 65 gr bullets pl , and i use my br foe fallow and fox no probs

Not BR related but hope you dnt ind me sharing ,

I used to use a 6PPC for Roe and Fallow myself , with carefull handloading there was no prblem getting England/ Wales deer legal energy!!!

Accuracy like the BR was fantastic too!!!

Enjoy!!!

Archived