Calibre Innovations ARMOUR MOD Over barrel

Swift precision Nightingale 17 cal specific Over barrel if you can get one

Just getting sorted with an HMR and was wondering about a silencer ? wildcat whisper looks ok . any one got experience ? or recommend another

Wildcat evolution, with .17 baffles, having the .17 baffle stack makes it very quiet. Also you also have the option to buy different baffles and thread adaptors for different cal's as it is modular, I use one for my .i7, then have ,22, and .243 baffle stacks. very happy with it on all calibers.

Adrian

I like my Ase rim fire mod. Does the job and can be stripped and cleaned. Can't think there is much between any of them baring looks and price. Seen the wild cat mod that cost a lot more and was pretty much no different noise wise but if you wanted to be compact it comes back over the barrel which is handy.

The SAK is easily the best value.

Apparently the Sirocco SM11 is the absolute quietest and has replaceable baffles.

If you don't fancy the idea of stripping and cleaning a filthy moderator then perhaps the sealed LEI unit would suit best. That's what I use and it gets an annual (if its lucky) slosh out with solvent and blow through with an airline. :D

Cheers

Clive

if your wanting something different a dm80 is a great mod if you want a good solid well built mod that does it's intended job very well at a good price get a sak.I've had both and would be happy with either

if your wanting something different a dm80 is a great mod if you want a good solid well built mod that does it's intended job very well at a good price get a sak.I've had both and would be happy with either

Yea iv got a DM80 so will go with that . must admit I do prefer EOB mods but no real need to spend extra cash..

Yea iv got a DM80 so will go with that . must admit I do prefer EOB mods but no real need to spend extra cash..

if you use it on centerfire as Well make sure you wash it out after the 17HMR it will fill with wet unburnt powder that the CF will ignite

• 2 weeks later...

Swift Nightingale....very nice calibre specific. There's a review by richness aka Richard utting somewhere on you tube.

Got one on my hm2 barrel used in the Finnfire, use a Sirocco sm2 on the .22 barrel...that gave the best grouping/moderation in conjunction with about 5 brands of ammo and moderators.

When I had a cz .17hmr I used an ASE utra rimfire mod.

Cheers

Fizz

Archived