My DIY annealing machine!

raptor calls

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks the nuts.....nice and compact too.

Thanks mate.......

Hi, i take it you make the loading trays as well, ,

do you sell them separately and if so at what cost including postage to Sk17 area,

the calibre is 6.5x47 lapua

thanks.

Please pm me with details

Rob

PM sent Rob.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll assume the one with the tray was mine :D

Arrived last week (delivered to the wrong house so thanks DPD!!)

Set it up with a couple of minor problems, the disks wouldn't index at the correct position above the case rotation point. Simple enough to sort, removed the disks (and cut my finger on a sharp edge) and loosened off the collar it sits on, moved it a bit further around the motor shaft and all sorted.

As I said, minor point and given the whole thing was only £170 including shipping from Bulgaria it's excellent value icon_e_smile.gif

Onto the good bit icon_e_biggrin.gif

To be honest there's nothing to report!! it does exactly what it's supposed to do, set the time to 8 seconds (after using Tempilaq to test) and away we went. 300 cases later job done perfectly icon_thumbup.gificon_thumbup.gif

I've uploaded a small video here, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103575967/FBUK/High%20Res.mp4

I need a better gas torch and have ordered one of the Clarke torches. Even using the "El Cheapo" one I was able to adjust my torch right down and anneal all of my 300aac cases, nice job :D

I'll assume the one with the tray was mine :D

Arrived last week (delivered to the wrong house so thanks DPD!!)

Set it up with a couple of minor problems, the disks wouldn't index at the correct position above the case rotation point. Simple enough to sort, removed the disks (and cut my finger on a sharp edge) and loosened off the collar it sits on, moved it a bit further around the motor shaft and all sorted.

As I said, minor point and given the whole thing was only £170 including shipping from Bulgaria it's excellent value icon_e_smile.gif

Onto the good bit icon_e_biggrin.gif

To be honest there's nothing to report!! it does exactly what it's supposed to do, set the time to 8 seconds (after using Tempilaq to test) and away we went. 300 cases later job done perfectly icon_thumbup.gificon_thumbup.gif

I've uploaded a small video here, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103575967/FBUK/High%20Res.mp4

I need a better gas torch and have ordered one of the Clarke torches. Even using the "El Cheapo" one I was able to adjust my torch right down and anneal all of my 300aac cases, nice job :D

A great video! Oh so tempted to acquire one... Regarding calibres, I take it .223 & .204 will fit the same cassette as will .260 Remington & .308?

A perfect addition to my reloading gear.

Excellent - looking forward to my turn.

Ditto!

Mine arrived safely in Dorset yesterday after a sight seeing trip of Europe!

Got the torch all ready to set up...tempilaq ordered to test

Looks an excellent piece of kit...looking forward to trying it out this weekend! Wish I'd order some case stands now! :-(

Many thanks Lubo...great bit of kit! Much appreciated!

DW

got mine the other day and have been so happy,

Ludo you do a cracking bit of kit.

thank you and ill post pictures soon with my modification I have done to get the gas bottle fitted better than laying it on the bench

regards and thanks again

bob.

Hmmmm im so tempted to buy one of these, really want one. Certainly show the mark up on price to the likes of the Bench source annealer! Does the exact same thing for a fraction of the price.

I might treat myself lol

I was swayed by Binzzy's review plus his reports face-to-face on the range. I could never justify the cost of the Aussie induction machine.