My DIY annealing machine!

raptor calls

The reviews here were very promising, and it has to beat doing it with a cordless drill......so I couldn't say no.

On another random note, I was squadded with one of your Club mates today at West Atholl DW. Jim K, nice chap.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, I know Jim well - it's unusual for him to stray so far from home. How was the shooting? Was this a club FTR shoot? We had most of the Atholl and East/West of Scotland guys up at ours last weekend for the Inverness-shire open.

He was shooting F class for the first time, along with me. Neither of us set the heather alight, I think I out did him by a shot but that was about it. It was a 400-500-600 shoot.

Nice day out though, other than the midges. Wind was fairly calm, weather good.

That's very daring for Jim, I'll have to pull his leg on Tuesday evening. We're going to venture south to Atholl for the F-Class league shoot on 7/8/9 October, my son wants to have a go.

I don't think either of us were 'pure pish' by any means for a first go. Bit of a learning curve coming off TR targets onto the F Class stuff.

Was my first time at West Atholl today, nice range.

As Jim my have told you, we have recently switched over from TR targets to F-Class at Cawdor - culture shock for most of us, but not as bad as I expected. There were some fairly high scores last weekend despite the changeover.

You'll have to venture north to Cawdor sometime.

I certainly will do, it's a bit of a hike though.

Was a shock to the system having to be up at 6 to get sorted and out the door to be at West Atholl on time, I'm used to getting up at 8, rolling out of bed and a 20 minute leisurely drive to Blair Adam.....

We're 25 miles door-to-door for Cawdor, but Blair is 2 hours on the way down in the morning, but easily 3 hours back with Sunday drivers.

We've discussed a club-to-club shoot with your guys, hoping to fix something up for next year.

Mine is currently enjoying it's European tour courtesy of DPD ... ... ...

So far Dupnitsa (Bulgaria) -> Sofia (Bulgaria) -> Budapest (Hungary) -> Neufahrn (Germany).

I wonder where else it's going to stop off?

Mine arrived today........works fine, is nicely made, and at the price, a no-brainer...............well done Lubo

Re-Pete

Mine is currently enjoying it's European tour courtesy of DPD ... ... ...

So far Dupnitsa (Bulgaria) -> Sofia (Bulgaria) -> Budapest (Hungary) -> Neufahrn (Germany).

I wonder where else it's going to stop off?

I guess you're is sitting next to mine then....... I bought a bottle of propane today in the vane hope I could get to play tonight....

I'm not expecting it before Monday at the earliest. DPD don't deliver domestic in our area so we have to rely on a sub-contractor which automatically factors in an extra day.

Gas canister/torch plus Tempilaq waiting and ready plus 100 retired Lapua .308W cases ready to play with.

Im heading south from work tomorrow afternoon, Warcop bound for Saturday morning, so I doubt I'll see it til Monday anyway.

I have a mountain of .260 brass formed from .243 that can be played with.

My machine arrived two days ago, only just had the chance to try it. It's very, very well made, and is incredible value for money. I wish I'd bought a 223 top disc and a larger WSM disc in case I change calibre.

Please what is the price of buying the spare discs alone on top?

Well done Lubo!

I just paid £15/each for my three extra disks - I have .223/.308/.300 WSM/7.5x55mm - I suspect I could have got away with just three.

Will us UK boys need any adapters etc for the plugs etc. What voltage are they and does it come with a 3 pin plug?

Thanks

See below ... ... ...

I bought one of these £6 power supplies from Amazon to simplify things, as I am not keen on adapters:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KONSSAC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I followed Binnzy's reccomendation - works perfectly.

Worth every penny - especially considering it functions pretty well the same as the Bench Source machine at several times the price.