Ham Radio

Mauser3006

Ha! A radio ham topic on a shooting forum! That is a first.

Well, I am GM4LPJ and the morse key is my favourite weapon when sallying forth on the amateur bands. My interest in amateur radio is really the technical side rather than just swapping reports. And my interest seems to wax an wane 180 degrees out of phase with the sunspot maxima!

Geoffrey

Ha! A radio ham topic on a shooting forum! That is a first.

Well, I am GM4LPJ and the morse key is my favourite weapon when sallying forth on the amateur bands. My interest in amateur radio is really the technical side rather than just swapping reports. And my interest seems to wax an wane 180 degrees out of phase with the sunspot maxima!

Geoffrey

Hi G

Bob

DE: G0WYD

quaky Duck Mod for me, Morse did my head in when I was in the forces, never to be dit dahgain.

I was the radio sales and production manager for the OLD SMC at chandlers ford, had it all and had it all stolen, been out (QRT) for the best part of 15 years and just back into it, more into building big antenna arrays as in cubical quads and remote band switching and remote control operation (worked on TETRA). was into building compact radios at work, built and supplied Sir Randolph fiennes his radios for a exploration/polar circumnavigation of the Earth.

but its all a long time back now.

bob.

Archived