Brexit - Yes or No?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Should UK leave the EU?

• Yes - Leave
    • No - Stay in

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was very good, it will be interesting to see how Britexit progresses, now that the losers are requesting another vote; as it they would have considered another vote

Maybe they thought it was the best of three :)

Less of the Scot bashing chaps, remember 55% of us voted to stay with our UK pals....it's the SNP baw-heed's that are the issue.

Ironically, the ones that are quick to call the English and Westminster all-sorts are also the ones calling leave voters bigots, xenophobes, racists, etc for having different views.

Bell-ends.

Sturgeon and Fat Eck need strung up like Musolini....

Democracy at its finest from a Labour MP :(

Senior Labour MP David Lammy has urged Parliament to "stop this madness" and vote to overturn the result of the EU referendum.

The former minister said the Commons should "bring this nightmare to an end through a vote in Parliament".

The MP for Tottenham added: "Our sovereign Parliament needs to now vote on whether we should exit the EU.

"The referendum was an advisory, non-binding referendum.

"The Leave campaign's platform has already unravelled and some people wish they hadn't voted to leave.

"Parliament now needs to decide whether we should go forward with Brexit, and there should be a vote in Parliament next week.

"Let us not destroy our economy on the basis of lies and the hubris of Boris Johnson."

Does Lammy only want democracy when it happens to agree with him?

He is knocking on a very dangerous door - Undermining the peoples vote is a genie that once out of the bottle will not be put back in

If Parliament ignores democracy, so will everyone else

I'm getting heartily fed up of listening to and watching news reports telling us all what a disaster the referendum result has been for the country .... and practically nothing about the benefits.

I'm getting a very nasty feeling that we haven't heard the last of this yet. The sooner we declare Article 50, the better. Sod waiting until October. :mad:

I'm getting heartily fed up of listening to and watching news reports telling us all what a disaster the referendum result has been for the country .... and practically nothing about the benefits.

I'm getting a very nasty feeling that we haven't heard the last of this yet. The sooner we declare Article 50, the better. Sod waiting until October. :mad:

There is a gap in leadership - if it is not filled quickly (before Oct) other agendas are going to make the running

We are on the edge of a major problem - and I'm NOT talking about exit

We have stuck two fingers up at some very powerful elites - they are not sitting around rubbing their bruises

Cameron - stand up to the plate or 'do one' - we need a leader !!!

I have to say, I feel pretty relaxed about the whole thing. If it gets blocked, for whatever reason, then, by crikey, we played a game changer and Brussels will listen to us in future.

BD, in a sensible world i'd agree, but if it were blocked and we were be unable to leave, then sooner or later the EU's path would reappear and another referendum would never appear be allowed. The result stands and we leave, it only remains to seen on which terms we part.

It's beginning to look like none of the spoilt brat politicians from any party are willing to do the decent thing by the UK and our EU neighbours, and conduct themselves with dignity and acceptance of not only the vote, but the need to cut any period of uncertainty to as short a time as possible. By necessity, that entails putting differences aside FOR THE GOOD of the UK. They have shown their true colours and self serving ambitions by their behaviour. It makes me ashamed to be British, and with the world looking on in bemusement, all we can do is hang our heads in shame. Not good.

It looks like the Conservative leadership battle will be messy and unpleasant and Labour have already imploded and simply announced to the whole world, never mind Britain, that they are not fit to be in opposition, never mind run the country. Sturgeon's behaviour has been appalling. The SNP do not speak for all of Scotland and despite the area wins. She forgets that a good many Scots feel as the majority of English and Welsh do, and that's we need change and won't accept being part of a super-state. What on earth does she think that she can achieve except to muddy the waters? She will damage our trade deal chances as potential investors won't like taking risks with an increasingly disparate union, plus she'll delay the Brexit process at every opportunity. I do wish that she would crawl back into whatever dark and unpleasant hole she came out of, but short of that why doesn't she and all the other spoilt brats who wont accept the vote just f87^K off to live in the EU and leave us to prosper. I'd chip in for her ticket and straight jacket. The Union is stronger together and always has been.

Far from bemoan the fact that my wife and I have had a massive chunk wiped off our retirement investments overnight, we are elated with the result and look forward to a positive future. If only we could find a decent politician to help run the country.....all the good ones are dead!

Indeed, nor do we have the financial thump to get in. Unless we cook the books like the Greeks, I guess....

I don't get why the SNP are so keen to divorce themselves from Sugar-daddy #1(UK) and run off to suck on sugar-daddy #2's(EU) dong.....

Make's no sense at all, we'll end up like Greece, Spain, etc....absolutely shagged.

Indeed, nor do we have the financial thump to get in. Unless we cook the books like the Greeks, I guess....

I don't get why the SNP are so keen to divorce themselves from Sugar-daddy #1(UK) and run off to suck on sugar-daddy #2's(EU) dong.....

Make's no sense at all, we'll end up like Greece, Spain, etc....absolutely shagged.

Couldn't agree more.

Wanting independence from the UK and desiring dependence on the EU is no independence at all. It does tend to smack of wanting your cake and eating it.

I detect dirty tricks are in hand to deprive this nation of its collective will. The BBC are currently in a state of mourning over the shock result and aren't hiding it either. It's all going to get very dirty and i just can't help but feel the politicians of all shades will try to wriggle out of honouring the result.

The UK needs to invoke Article 50 and start the formal process to leave the Eu. If it does not democracy is dead, as the will of the majority is ignored. If the UK does not leave after the vote it also damages the chances for other countries leaving the Eu....and getting rid of tossers tusk and junckner.

Archived