brown dog

Brexit - Yes or No?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Should UK leave the EU?

• Yes - Leave
    • No - Stay in

Thousands Of British Refugees Make Dangerous Journey Across The Irish Sea

shutterstock_356234186.jpg
THE IRISH coast guard has today issued a nationwide warning for the East Coast as hundreds of thousands of British refugees risk their lives to cross the Irish sea in an attempt to flee the impoverished and unstable nation.
Dinghies overflowing with desperate migrants are so far half way through their journey, many with women and children aboard, wishing to make a new start on the Emerald Isle.
“We have rescued hundreds of people from crafts due to overcrowding,” winchman Derek Ryan of Rescue 117 told WWN today. “It’s a terrible situation as many of these people are only hoping for a better quality of life in the EU”.
Taoiseach Enda Kenny has called an emergency meeting in the Dáil this afternoon to help find a solution to the influx of British refugees.
It is expected many of those landing on the Irish coast will have to be quarantined, as they are not a part of the European Union.
“Emergency prefabs will be erected to help cope and house these poor unfortunate people,” Mr. Kenny stated. “I urge everyone to do what they can to help support the migrants in anyway, whether that be waiting with hots cups of tea on the shoreline, to giving them fresh clothes to wear”.
An estimated 450,000 people have already fled the UK mainland to neighbouring EU countries.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can summon the energy, an interesting Italian perspective:

Blimey, the bloke must breath through his ears! 5 minutes, almost, with not much of a pause anywhere. :lol: I can't fault any of his logic, though.

Now that is the reasoning behind me voting leave (what the Italian guy just said in brown dogs post is the truth). This country will survive and prosper all on our own, so to those who believe that this country is finished. Off you go and close the door on your way out, we only want positive people to remain to go forward without Herr Adolf Junker and his cronies. Auf weidersehen pet.

JB,

"A Force Awakens" more like! A stark warning to all politicians!

Absolutely my friend...i voted leave and have received a lot of bad feeling from family and friends and i basically told them that i wanted to be one in seventy million not one in five hundred and seventy million and didnt want to be part of any huge european super state...Hugh.

We already have but she won't take the hint and considering most of Scotland voted to remain,not me may I add.I think she stands a good chance of getting her fake independence.I say fake as running to the eu is not independence in my book

Ha! Ha! Brilliant Brown Dog. But true!

Then of course, there's the little matter of a £14,000,000,000 plus annual deficit in Scotland's tax take v spending all currently made up from the rest of the UK. Vote to stand on your own on that basis and it'd be easier, quicker and less painful to just find a high cliff and jump off it!

Watch how quickly she drops the referendum on the table, when the EU tell her to F*** off.

She will love old England again then.

Labour are currently going nowhere with Corbyn and our democracy needs a credible opposition to work in an effective, balanced and fair way.

Who would replace him if he were to be forced out? All the current lot are tainted in someway or another and there is no clear front runner. What sort of wild card could they come up with to could take them forward.

They do have an ideal opportunity to bring someone in, if the other parties hold to their pledges of not contesting the Batley and Spen By-Election, who they could rally around.

I have an idea of a possible candidate, it is:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Yup - that german woman that headed up the out campaign - she's Labour and was seriously impressive - can't remember her name for a mo

Not who I was thinking of but she was very competent, however, she is already an MP.

Watch how quickly she drops the referendum on the table, when the EU tell her to F*** off.

She will love old England again then.

Hmmmm ..... two statements there Dave. I agree with Number 1 (But it'll still be the fault of the vicious lying English.)

Statement #2 'love old England' - I really don't think so EVER. If Scotland has a wet weekend (not that it ever does) that's Westminster's fault and part of a scheme to bankrupt B&B proprietors and keep the Scottish economy in England's thrall.

Personally, I blame it all on Mel Gibson and the most inaccurate, stupid Hollywood historic (my A**e!!) epic ever, Braveheart. :)

Why have they got such a chip on their shoulder?

When I first came over to the UK from Zim - I did some work up in Edinburgh and they treated me like s**t because I was from ''down South''

What's that all about? I didn't even come from the UK but I was still an 'English Southerner'

I wonder will Putin consider importing food from the Uk now we have left the EU. His sanctions imposed 2 years ago now where at the start of the dairy industry crisis.

Maybe he will to spite the EU?

I wonder what Isis's take on the whole situation is? Will they target the uk now or will they target a weakened EU? I think they might try to target the likes of Brussels where all of the head honchos hang out? I may be wrong.

Why have they got such a chip on their shoulder?

When I first came over to the UK from Zim - I did some work up in Edinburgh and they treated me like s**t because I was from ''down South''

What's that all about? I didn't even come from the UK but I was still an 'English Southerner'

As an expat Scot 'darn South', I find that really depressing, but truth to tell not really surprising. Every time I go back to Scotland now, I'm struck by how parochial newspaper and TV reports are. I can only think that too many Scots (of all social classes, backgrounds and educational achievements) have surrounded themselves with emotional and mental walls and want to keep the rest of the world out.

As on of the elderly old gits who voted leave, I am still quite amazed by the lack of understanding of democratic process. A second referendum, now there's a good idea. Perhaps the people who signed the petition would care to take a short holiday in Isis controlled territory in Syria. They could get a petition going against some human rights abuse, have a few marches and sit ins. I am sure their views would be very well received.

As for the Scotland issue:

(Parental discretion advised!)

If you can summon the energy, an interesting Italian perspective:

That was very good, it will be interesting to see how Britexit progresses, now that the losers are requesting another vote; as it they would have considered another vote if remain had won. Had the results been reversed and leave had requested another vote, they would have replied in no uncertain terms "you lost the people have spoken so sod off", the leave group should now reciprocate in similar terms.

The EU had the opportunity to address the concerns of the British public during the last negotiations, they offered nothing worthwhile and that has been acknowledged by the results. I am of the opinion that the leave percentage would have been higher if there hadn't been so much of a campaign of fear, jobs, pensions, etc.

Irrespective of which side you voted, the results are in and everyone must now accept whatever consequences there are, good or bad.

I would not be very surprised if other nations don't start requesting their own referendum, however, how long did it take for the UK to have one?

Archived