Barnaul Rounds

Andyb

Has anyone used barnaul rounds before and possibly tell me your opinions on them...The rounds my local gun club have in are 55g fmj they will be used in a tikka t3 lite...I can get them for 15 quid a 100

Hi

They are Russian military spec ammo, I have used them in my Howa .223 for range days at Sennybridge, they are not supremely accurate but are good enough for blatting down an open range, also being FMJ they are no good for live quarry.

I have always wondered about no good for live quarry...I think the FMJ was produced under the geneva convention but at the end of the day if i was hit by a 5.56 FMJ the chances are i would not survive if the shot was placed where i wanted it................I doubt mant shots are through and through...........by the way i have never used FMJ's on live quarry before anyone starts

Has anyone used barnaul rounds before and possibly tell me your opinions on them...The rounds my local gun club have in are 55g fmj they will be used in a tikka t3 lite...I can get them for 15 quid a 100

If you try and zero with Barnaul you'll end up tearing your hair out, the most inconsistent round ever put through my AR.

RG blackspot next for the most innaccurate, unpredictable groups sometimes growing to 2"+, filthy rounds as well.

The Barnauls were given to me try, and the RG I bought but have given them both away, stick to quality factory or handloads if you value consistent accuracy.

Pete.

Archived