Quickload v3.9 update

Brillo

I see there is an update to Quickload v 3.9 available.

Has anyone downloaded this update and if so how does in compare with the immediate previous version?

For example, is Reloader Swiss powder and Dyer HBC bullets included?

I wasn't aware of the update, how do you go about downloading it?

My old copy of QL 3.8 had data for Reload Swiss powder (in this case RS52) but the reloading solution it offered up for my target rifle was pretty far off the mark!

i.e. it said to use 48.2 grains RS52 to drive my Sierra M-K Palma 155's to 3000 fps. When I chronied a batch at Bisley I found I was up to 3200fps & stopped immediately! After some experimenting with lesser amounts of powder I found I needed exactly 46 grns to get where I wanted velocity wise.

And yes, I was very meticulous about entering all the correct data first, so be very careful when using QL & double check with a chrono.

Cheers

Brillo,

Quickload 3.9 does not contain data file updates as far as I can tell. The US seller's (Neconos) website just states it been updated to install normally on the (vile) operating system W10. See link below.

http://www.neconos.com/QuickLOAD-Windows%2010.htm

As to Reload Swiss powders, you can get the QuickLOAD data file from here.

http://www.reload-swiss.com/en/reload_swiss/service_2/quick_load/index.php

After downloading it, you can place this in the powders folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\QuickLOAD\data\powders) and select this when you want to use it. To do this, when within QuickLOAD, click on the 'File:\qloadfw' link above the powder image and select the 'Reload Swiss.pro' file. The other method you can use is to go to the same folder, make a copy of the 'qloadfw.pro' file and then edit the old file and insert the data from the 'Reload Swiss.pro' file into it. You'll need to open it in a suitable text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, etc.).

If you are already aware of all this, please excuse me for repeating the obvious :)

Thanks both for your replies. My version of 3.8 didn't have the RS data file I got from the RS website and plugged it in as you did. This is odd as ezmobile's version has RS data files.

I've also found it to be well of the mark regarding predicted velocities by about 150 fps with the two RS powders I use (RS52 and 60) and work on adding that to any result it gives.

If you do want to upgrade it's by a CD installation for 315. The information is on the bottom of the quickload.co.uk page.

However, if you already installed it before upgrading to Windows 10, as blueboy69 says, you don't need the upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who had Quickload installed and the upgraded to Windows 10, the latest update, which I installed today completely kills Quickload. I'm reverting to Windows 7 until the upgrade arrives.

For those of you who had Quickload installed and the upgraded to Windows 10, the latest update, which I installed today completely kills Quickload. I'm reverting to Windows 7 until the upgrade arrives.

Re run the installation .exe file right click and change the properties of the program to an earlier version of windows. I had to do this for a fresh installation of the latest version into windows 10; 98 worked for me

• 1 year later...

Thanks Davy,

none of the Tubal ones then..... 7000 was what I wanted to check in a 7x57/275 Rigby.

Mike

Do you need reloading data for the 7x57 with Tubal 7000, or just want to play with it within QuickLOAD?

For the former, there's no data as of yet in QuickLOAD unfortunately. As to the latter, there's plenty of data on the 7x57 in the Vectan 2010 reloading manual. This covering bullets from 100-196 grains. The data they released in the later 2014 and 2015 manuals is a bit sparse though, only covering 130, 160 and 175 grain bullets.

Let me know if you want the manuals. They are all in PDF form and easy to share.

Thanks blueboy69,

I have the newer load data and as you say its sparse. I really wanted to compare it with H414 n QL as i thought H414 wasn't gonna be easy to get but have since found an ample supply.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks blueboy69,

I have the newer load data and as you say its sparse. I really wanted to compare it with H414 n QL as i thought H414 wasn't gonna be easy to get but have since found an ample supply.

Cheers

Mike

No problem Mike,

Well, if you want the Vectan 2010 data on the 7x57, let me know. At least then you can compare that with what H414 is giving in QuickLOAD, even if you can't compare the internal ballistics of both within the program.

Neil

PS I've uploaded it to my Google Drive, let me know if the link works? Link below.

Vectan 2010 reloading data for the 7x57 Mauser

Archived