Mike Yardley positiveshooting.com

jungle_re

While you guys are discussing his military service, I need to just check my facts; is this one of those black rifles that Mr Yardley is talking about? :D

post-13302-0-17932600-1448141258_thumb.jpg

If so, I can well understand why he would be so concerned about guys sporting this kind of apparel.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While you guys are discussing his military service, I need to just check my facts; is this one of those black rifles that Mr Yardley is talking about? :D

attachicon.gif12243003_977522588981343_8966076618044071563_n.jpg

If so, I can well understand why he would be so concerned about guys sporting this kind of apparel.

I see no rifle.

And in the words of another well respected Arrser .....

"I left in '90; shortly after there was a firearms incident in London in one of those old blocks of flats with the balcony that ran the full length in front of all the flats. Armed police went in and dealt with the situation - it was all very exciting at the time for what armed police did and I think there was a flashbang involved.

Anyway its all over the news, BBC and ITN as was. They wheel out this x-spurt in a collar and tie to tell everyone what had been going on. Too young to be retired THEM I think, he is no one I met in any of the unit bars I frequented, so I ask a couple of mates who would know. They have never heard of the bloke, Mr M Yardley, esq., x-spurt in counter-terrorism, armed police operations and dynamic entries.

He appeared on the news again I believe, then I saw his column in Guns Review - the exchange and mart like publication - and wondered, at the time, why, a person of his alleged calibre, was not writing for any of the glossy magazines, or defense journals. I remember asking another couple of people over the following couple of years, whenever I saw his name, and never found anyone in the business who knew this x-spurt.

He must have been really deep cover.

The spillchucker on my computer is buggering around, apologies."

So it is starting to look like Mike Yardley is a professional bluffer.

I'm struck by the utter-idiocy of his language on fb 'radicalisation' 'extremism' - he's applying terms used for mass-murdering Islamic terrorists to the legal owners of a type of sporting firearm he doesn't like.

So we have a self-appointed, but entirely unqualified, firearms 'expert', someone who matches the profile of an individual who's been either directed to resign from the Army or left under a cloud, using the language of Islamic terrorism against fellow sporting shooters?

What is this buffoon's agenda? To destroy UK shooting sports?

United we stand, divided we fall. Where's the boycott Yardley publications fb page?

Having looked at the Facebook page for the boycott, I am not convinced they are much better. He seems to be on the back foot with his Facebook replies so just a bit of a stand off now. There is no doubt that you are more likely to be shot by shotgun rather than a 'black rifle' in the UK unless you get caught in a forthcoming Isis attack or mix with Op Trident nominals. Personally I am not keen on game shooting, but would support anybody who can justify either wanting a shotgun for game or clay pigeon shooting. Actually I think it would be more sensible to raise the bar a bit for shotgun possession and be a bit more relaxed with section 1 firearms.

Michael never did impress me very much with his tactical assessments on the telly but it does seem that there is a particular type of person who wants to be on the TV. Happened recently with an ex CO19 'expert' who overplayed his previous experience. What always makes me wonder is how they think they will get away with it!

Anyway Yardleys showing his age now, perhaps he should just relax into the plum coloured cords, embrace active waistbands, and try a bit of presenting on 'cash in the attic'

Just for info, Wolf grey is the new Coyote.

Can't argue with any of that!

I just followed a link to his page in the £100 side-by side thread. I'm rather unforgiving of self-appointed experts with umm limited professional experience of the firearm and tactical matters on which they push themselves forward to advise others, but, as regards the AYA, I suspect this is a narrow area in which, by virtue of his competition successes, he may be qualified to comment!

I did, however make the mistake of reading one of his blog comments:

post-1450-0-18512300-1448302705.png

Oh dear God. That's the sort of milquetoast idiocy that's got the West into this pretty pickle. To misquote a film:

"Not to go after terrorists because they might try to harm you should really not a be a policy of the UK."

I've just let Gunmart know I will no longer be buying their magazine whilst Yardley contributes , if you feel the same way you could do the same ...

http://www.gunmart.net/contact

For the record Will, he doesn't write for Gun Mart or Shooting Sports, and hasn't done so in quite some time.

Furthermore, the editor of GunMart isn't well and he is being replaced in the short term by contributor and friend of ours, Graham Allen

Graham is a good guy, he regularly shoots CSR after all so how could he not be?

Graham has stated that as long as he is Editor then Yardley will never write for GunMart.

I hope the other mags do likewise

I've just let Gunmart know I will no longer be buying their magazine whilst Yardley contributes , if you feel the same way you could do the same ...

http://www.gunmart.net/contact

For the record Will, he doesn't write for Gun Mart or Shooting Sports, and hasn't done so in quite some time.

Furthermore, the editor of GunMart isn't well and he is being replaced in the short term by contributor and friend of ours, Graham Allen

Graham is a good guy, he regularly shoots CSR after all so how could he not be?

Graham has stated that as long as he is Editor then Yardley will never write for GunMart.

I hope the other mags do likewise

Its only a couple of months ago he did a review.

Archived