Show us your 6.5x47

1sakonut

I built this one. Started life as a Remington VLS in 308. It now has an AICS, Viper skins, Rifle Basix trigger and Bergera self fit barrel.

Very interesting. Where did you get the Bergara self-fit from? I didn't think that anyone sold a Remage style barrel in the UK.

Here's mine: Remmy 700 action (blueprinted), AICS bottom metal and mag, 24" varmint contour Border Archer barrel (1 in 8.5 twist), Mcmillan HTG adjustable stock, Third Eye Tactical rail , Ken Farell rings, finish is Cerakote armour black ( I think!) All put together by Ronin.. :)

post-11973-0-44897100-1453934521_thumb.jpg

post-11973-0-81624200-1453934581_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got the barrel from GBR rifles when they were still trading. I think Brian FOX may have them now.

BTW they area brilliant barrel and, providing you have the kit, an easy job to fit.

I had a chat with Brian Fox the other day, he has the Bergara pre chambered self fit barrels in stock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Recently got this back from Stuart @ Osprey.

Tikka M595 (was originally a .308)

6.5x47L, SAMMI match chamber, no nk turn

Bergara 1-8, 24", Rem Varmint profile

Manners GAT stock

CDI bottom metal that takes AICS mags

Third Eye 20MOA rail and 30mm rings

Lumley arms bolt shroud, handle and enlarged bolt knob

Vortex Viper PST, 6-24x50, ffp

Ceracote Armour Black

Lovely rifle, feeds perfectly from the AICS mags. The balance is also stunning, not to heavy and could easily be carried all day. Another lovely thing is the GAT stock - No flex at the forend and forend isn't wide like some beaver tail stocks. Lovely.

Initial test loads with 120g MK, 123 MK & 123 Scenar, using N140 or Lovex SO70 (Accurate 4350) was showing promise with 1" groups at 300m at Diggle. Next is trying out some 139s and 140s.

Thanks Stuart!

A very tidy piece..............is the CDI bottom metal a drop in for the M595 bottom plastic?

H/man

@Hauptman

The CDI bottom metal is not a drop in replacement for the plastic part. The bottom the the action must be ever so slightly milled to allow the AICS Mag feed lips to get high enough to feed properly. I think it's only about 0.5mm that needs to be taken out either side of the bottom.

I think all the instructions are on CDI's website.

Personally, I think it was worth the effort getting it done because the quality of the CDI is second to none, really positive Mag catch and Mag sits in there nice and snugly - no rattling around!

I've not got a photo of mine yet.only shot the barrel in last weekend with load developement ammo and all clover and ragged holes with 140gr amax doing 2800 fps plus.remmy action.green aics stock.27 and a bit inch pacnor varmint barrel work done by Mr Mckillop ?

I'll give that some thought.............meanwhile, here's mine as it is presently. I posted on this thread a while back, but for some reason the pic didn't attach.

It started life as a shot out M595 22-250 (for £275), and a surplus 30" 8 twist Lothar blank from a mate. I added a CG 2-stage trigger, GRS Hybrid stock and some Lumley bolt bling.

H/man

post-11477-0-61048600-1469873828_thumb.jpg

20160719_213019.jpgFB_IMG_1468789078998.jpg

20160725_211350.jpg

Tikka t3 6.5x47

Krieger 1-8 26" long

Paddy Dane rebarrel

Bix & Andy trigger

T12 mod

Accushot rear mono pod

Versa pod bipod

Teir 1 mounts

Nf 8-32×56 np2dd ret

Xlr element folder chassis

Awsome rifle that never let's me down.

This started out life as a Rem 700 ADL in 308 that was my first ever centrefire rifle. To cut a long story short I sold it on but it subsequently found its way back into Ronins sticky paws. A plan was hatched and the action was trued and printed, a 26 in Bartlein M40 profile fluted barrel sourced and fitted with a beefy recoil lug and McMillan A5 stock. The trigger was replaced with a CG two stage which I prefer to the Jewell. The photos show the old NF 5.5-22x50 but that has since been replaced with a S&B 5-25 PMII

DSC05217.jpg

And it works too!!

boar%202.jpg

Archived