British take on Hog Saddle

DaveT

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

PM sent ;)

Handled one of these beauties at the show. What a quality piece of kit it really is.

The Engineering is superb....no backlash in the thread or movement when traversing whatsoever.

Absolutely top notch....I will be having one.

Ditto that Dave...got one...expensive BUT absolutely value for money.

*Sigh* Looks like I'm going to have to invest in a decent tripod too!

Indeed,Jay.....a wobble is a wobble ,and is a weak link anywhere on the chain....

....hence Bench Rest,which leaves only weaknesses in rifle and ammo precision,accuracy,wind reading,the night before;and not ignoring god,the weather and the rest of the human race. Otherwise,you are pretty well good to go. :-)

g

• 2 weeks later...

Beautifully made bit of kit.

Just waiting on my Manfrotto and ballhead arriving today(amazon prime man is cutting it tight!), and we're off out for a play.

Oops

• 4 weeks later...

20 quid ball-head working well for me, no issues at all holding fairly(!) hefty rifle at any angle.....

13528421_292455794431024_103617166119935

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/20/2015 at 4:37 PM, Cad Monkey said:

Many thanks Bradders and your commission is in the post :) It all came about after seeing one of the participants of 2014 RBL charity match using a hog saddle to great effect in 'sitting supported' practice. After seeing the price of these things I decided to go ahead and manufacture my own and went on to use it in the 2015 RBL match…it secured me a win in the .223 class.

Since then I have had quite a bit of interest from fellow shooters and club members and we now have a manufacturer on board making the clamp on a 5 axis cnc. The clamp is made from 6082 T6 Aluminium, finished in cerakote and weighs in at around 550grams. The base is has both 1/4 & 3/8 BSW tappings so will fit onto a conventional tripod or ball head as seen in the photo. Let me know via pm if would like any further details

post-11040-0-74789700-1445353297_thumb.jpg

post-11040-0-94472500-1445353315_thumb.jpg

post-11040-0-02272700-1445355242_thumb.jpg

I need one please send purchase information

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...