Show us your tikka?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Receive a response from AS.H saying a safety is possible for the 595 action but machining is required to fit it. Just waiting to hear exactly what isinvolved. I have always disliked the safety on the 595/T3 actions simply because the bolt cannot be opened on safety. Hopefully this would solve thatissue.

I also disliked not bieng able to open the bolt when 'on safe'. To me it's a bit of a silly feature on the Tikka/Sako rifles, I know it's supposed to be so you don't inadvertently catch the bolt and open it when the rifles slung and your walking through the woods ( something like that) but in my mind it's not safe having to put the safety off to open the bolt and eject a round. When lamping your forever loading and unloading and it just doeasnt feel right. To combat this on my rifles I just removed this bolt stop pin from the trigger, job done. Does not affect the safety but you can open the bolt when it's in the safe position.

post-13479-0-14301300-1453575060.jpg

hello just wondering the two tikka rifles above what stocks are they in and dealers etc.many thanks in advance.

You might have to be more specific for some one to answer you as there are a good few stocks in the posts that are above your one.

good evening ,out of interest has any one ever had a problem loading or unloading a tikka t3.i can not see a company like sako/tikka allowing an unsafe rifle out of the factory,i use mine every day and cant see it being a problem,when the bolt is lifted the firing pin can not touch the primer and the bolt is no longer cocked there by the rifle is unable to fire .if any one has proof of a problem please post for all to see thanks

I think the 'issue' is that between flicking the safety off, and lifting the bolt.....there is a length of time where the rifle is ready to fire, with a round up the spout.

The issue i had on tikkas was that the bolt would lift and pich the safety, preventing you taking the safety off and taking that quick shot. Doesnt happen with the blasers!

You could put it that way. Ultimately accidents can, and sadly do happen however. A safety that can allow the unchambering of a live round without being off removes that chance.

good evening,so not a safety issue but could be an operator error,i will keep my tikka < blasers not for me>

Definately a safety issue, and a design fault. Anything that causes the user to experience an abnormal step in the process increases the risk of a mistake happening. You go to take a shot but the safety is locked solid, caused confusion the first time it happened to me. Confusion and firearms dont mix!

I also disliked not bieng able to open the bolt when 'on safe'. To me it's a bit of a silly feature on the Tikka/Sako rifles, I know it's supposed to be so you don't inadvertently catch the bolt and open it when the rifles slung and your walking through the woods ( something like that) but in my mind it's not safe having to put the safety off to open the bolt and eject a round. When lamping your forever loading and unloading and it just doeasnt feel right. To combat this on my rifles I just removed this bolt stop pin from the trigger, job done. Does not affect the safety but you can open the bolt when it's in the safe position.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you just modified your safety so that all it does is stop the trigger blade from moving? The pin you have removed stops the firing pin moving forward.

What is too hard about just pointing the rifle somewhere safe as you push the safety off to unload it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you just modified your safety so that all it does is stop the trigger blade from moving? The pin you have removed stops the firing pin moving forward.

What is too hard about just pointing the rifle somewhere safe as you push the safety off to unload it?

The pin does not get close to the firing pin. The pin only ensures that the bolt does not lift when in safe position. Without the pin it might even be the safer. In that case, all that can happen is that the bolt opens and a chambered round might be lost like on a rem 700.

What I don't like about the little pin is that if the bolt handle gets whacked a few times as in on the shoulder off the shoulder over fences etc. it can happen that the safety goes into fire position. Had that happen at least twice to me. in some cases one just does not have very safe position to point a rifle when unloading. Certainly it is safer to unload a rifle with a locked firing pin than a ready to fire rifle.

edi

Archived