Show us your tikka?

Thanks - that's what I had on the green one I pictured about 14 posts earlier - thought it was perfect, funny that the same thing catches my eye on yours, without realising it is the same! (Direct import, or did you find them over here?)

No probs, I sourced direct from EGW. Bought one for a R700 too - they all arrived relatively quickly (more so than the T4 which took about a year to get as they weren't being imported at the time).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No probs, I sourced direct from EGW. Bought one for a R700 too - they all arrived relatively quickly (more so than the T4 which took about a year to get as they weren't being imported at the time).

That's good to know....... when I was looking a couple of years ago I seem to remember that EGW wouldn't post overseas so I bought from kinneysshootingsupplies.com (Very good). Kinneys will also send DIP/DP products over.

I reversed the rail on my 595 to give me a couple of extra slots to mount the Drone Pro a bit more comfortably but this meant the screws weren't long enough for a couple of the holes as they're counter bored to different depths to be able to use the same length screw for all 4 holes. EGW kindly sent me some longer ones.... they've got a countersunk shaped head so standard cap heads weren't any good.

That would put your ejection cut-out on the left side albeit slightly out of line with the ejection port........ i don't have a problem with no cut-out on the right on my .17Rem.

atb

Fizz

:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Gary, yes. Available for left and right hand T3's. In my right hand case, lever to the left blocks the firing pin and locks the bolt movement. One can pull the trigger through like on a mauser 98 safety. Mid position allows free bolt movement, load unload but firing pin is blocked. Lever to the right, free to fire and free bolt movement.

Good kit, fitting might seem simple but often better done by a rifle smith. I had to clean surfaces on the firing pin nut as they seemed fairly rough and would not engage. After that the fit was a doddle.

I have had original T3 triggers go into the fire position on their own when in rough terrain and rifle going on and off the shoulder. Long tactical bolt handles possibly helped to rattle on the bolt that then pushed the bolt catch pin into the trigger unit and trigger went from safe to fire.

edi

Here is my Tikka Tactical 223 in a Robertson Composites Tactical stock. Moderator not pictured but generally use a Roedale Ultralite.

IMG_1183_zpse3e1fd00.jpg

Here is my Tikka T3 Super Varmint 6.5x55 in a PDC Customs Chassis. Seriously stable platform, especially with the integrated rear monopod, nine odd inches of travel. Very customisable.

Unfortunately doesn't suit my type of shooting currently and will be going up for sale shortly to purchase a more hunting oriented platform.

2015-07-11_21.38.35_zps1zizbwes.jpg

Nothing listed on their webpage but they do do one for a Sako 75....

Id certainly like to fit one and field test - the T3 looks a sleeker design than the 75.

Thanks for posting this Edi.

That's the company. Small outfit but also make their own custom actions. Made the action that won the last Euro F Class comp too as far as I know.

Andreas Schuler is the owner. He is a Bavarian,.....borders on to Germany :P

edi

Ronin, going to the IWA?

edi

Gary, yes. Available for left and right hand T3's. In my right hand case, lever to the left blocks the firing pin and locks the bolt movement. One can pull the trigger through like on a mauser 98 safety. Mid position allows free bolt movement, load unload but firing pin is blocked. Lever to the right, free to fire and free bolt movement.

post-1450-0-62549700-1453152237_thumb.jpg

To my eye, doesn't look quite right for a r/h action - the lever end looks way too far left - almost at 9 oclock, where I wouldn't have thought it shouldn't be much past 5, surely that's a fiddle to reach and operate, under the scope, with your right thumb? I would imagine you have to operate it with the other hand (?)

attachicon.gifE-Tac3 ASH safety 3 pos_zpspzvw9m9i.jpg

To my eye, doesn't look quite right for a r/h action - the lever end looks way too far left - almost at 9 oclock, where I wouldn't have thought it shouldn't be much past 5, surely that's a fiddle to reach and operate, under the scope, with your right thumb? I would imagine you have to operate it with the other hand (?)

I was hunting on the weekend with this rifle. That didn't seem an issue at all. If one wants to be quiet one can take the index finger also.

edi

I was hunting on the weekend with this rifle. That didn't seem an issue at all. If one wants to be quiet one can take the index finger also.

edi

OK, but seems odd to be having to reach under the scope to the opposite side of the shroud to your trigger hand and do a pinch-pull-swing before 'push' Not very ergonomic to my mind, don't 99% of three position safeties look like this (for that reason)? :)

post-1450-0-62007900-1453187642_thumb.png

OK, but seems odd to be having to reach under the scope to the opposite side of the shroud to your trigger hand and do a pinch-pull-swing before 'push' Not very ergonomic to my mind, don't 99% of three position safeties look like this (for that reason)? :)

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2016-01-19 at 07.10.22.png

Which is a disaster when you shoot out the other window... :P

One only needs the thumb on the ash, thumb wraps around the lever easily and can pull it sideways around. If one needs to be very quiet then one can use the finger as well. Also there is plenty room under the scope as the thumb approaches from behind the bolt. Ergonomics are possibly more natural than it seems. Carry rifle with thumb wrapped around, then in position set safety to fire as that is the direction it needs to go anyway to shoot thumb on the side.

edi

Receive a response from AS.H saying a safety is possible for the 595 action but machining is required to fit it. Just waiting to hear exactly what is

involved. I have always disliked the safety on the 595/T3 actions simply because the bolt cannot be opened on safety. Hopefully this would solve that

issue.

Mike,

If you are ordering a safety from them then let me know - I might be interested in one for my T3?

Actually give me a call about 'obtaining' them in general. :)

Cheers

Terry

Receive a response from AS.H saying a safety is possible for the 595 action but machining is required to fit it. Just waiting to hear exactly what is

involved. I have always disliked the safety on the 595/T3 actions simply because the bolt cannot be opened on safety. Hopefully this would solve that

issue.

Sorry, I only managed to talk to him this afternoon. Like you said machining. To me he said the rear of the of the firing pin nut needs to be shortened by a mm.?

Will he make you a sketch?

He also mentioned the reason for it is because the trigger can't be moved far enough back.

As far as I have understood trigger position is vital and also that it stays there...

yes safe loading/unloading is a bonus.

edi

Archived