Shooting Mat

stu47

Hi all,

I'm hoping to try ftr and I'm in the process of getting my required gear together and I was wondering what you guys use for something to lie on?

Thanks in advance for any replies - much appreciated.

Stu.

Stu,

1.0mm Butynol flat roofing membrane. Rear bag doesn't move and it folds up nicely into my AIM drag bag, although I have thought about buying one of the AIM mats for the benefit of those clear flaps to keep your plot/score sheets under cover if it rains.

Richard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies gents, really helpful! I must admit I nearly dropped when I saw the price of the AIM Mat - but I suppose you get what you pay for and they sound as though they have a long working life. I'll keep watching the sales section and hope for a used one to come up (Christmas, young family and all that).

Thanks again gents, I really do appreciate your advice!

• 3 months later...

I would go for the AIM mat. Nice kit, Having seen what a few of the chaps at our club use there are all sorts of home made variants out there. It depends very much on how long your shooting details are and also if its winter / wet weather usage is anticipated but you def get what you pay for.

Eberlestock magic carpet, reasonably cheap, fully waterproof it's not padded and will role up small, very long so can de used doubled if the ground is rocky.They also make a padded version. It is bigger when rolled up than the TAB mat but still only about 30cm long by 10cm wide and about 3ft by 7ft when open.

Archived