British made Annealing Machine

gunnery

Oh, that's a shame. Thank you for letting me know. Do you think it could be modified to handle the smaller diameter case, or, a small case specific model designed without an enormous amount of effort? There's quite a few people now resizing 22 hornet to 17 hornet, a process which requires annealing before fire forming.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Mick yes it can be modified and make it specific just for your calibres.

Great, I'm in then if it can be made to work with 22/17 hornet, please pm a price (UK).

Do you mind if I share a link to this on another forum? I think a lot of those that currently resize and anneal 22 hornet to 17 hornet by hand would n be very interested.

Final question, if made to suit the smaller diameter case, could it be reconfigured by the user to work with larger calibres (for instance I shoot 243 and 17) by changing the drive wheels or is it more complex than that, perhaps requiring two dedicated machines?

Looks like I can't use that function yet (post count?).

Thanks for your call and time, pricing seems reasonable to me, considering the work and time that's gone into it. I'll send the samples as requested and with a following wind, be ordering later this year (around springtime).

Hi Barry, please could you confirm whether this could be set to work with .22 hornet and .17 hornet brass (both quite small). If so I'm very interested so please pm me a price and any delivery info. Good work and well done on a bit of 'cottage industry'- you can't beat that! (I make my own digital add-ons for myself and friends that give the dedicated digi-sights like the 870 a good run for the money).

Mick- Barrys machine will do the hornet brass i slightly modified the one he built -the actual first machine he did his trials with

i have annealed brass in -17fb[221fb] 17 rem-6ppc-6br -6x47 and i have just tweeked the pick up wheel to do .284 win brass.i cant fault this machine at all, once i had the timing sorted which didnt take long the machine has worked without fault

i used to get my brass annealed elswhere but i can do my own so in the long run i should save money.

these are well built and well thought out machines and made here in the uk[is wigan in the uk?]

you need a passport to get in tight border control here well done Gaz I have spoke to Mick to day and he is sending some brass over for me to try machine still going strong then

glad you are made up with it :o

• 2 weeks later...

Members keep asking me nothing wrong with that are the machines all made to order the answer is yes and thanks turn around two weeks to make sometimes a bit less than that

• 1 month later...

Hi gunnery can you pm me a price for one of these please mate

I keep getting asked if I am still making my annealing machines the answer is yes if anyone wants me to make one for them I am here thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived